ERROR: The application is not licensed or the current license expired

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
toprankseo

ERROR: The application is not licensed or the current license expired

Post by toprankseo » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:21 am

I have purchased the iMacros Personal edition and downloaded the software from my products download section but still it is not running and showing me the message that "The application is not licensed or the current license expired."
I am tired of uninstalling and further installing the same and am now very depressed.
How can I activate my licensed version? Mainly I need to use iMacros in my firefox browser but even I can not see the “File access” in my downloads section so how do I enable it in Firefox browser.
I am not much technology literate so how can I get my product worked for me.

Finally, I want my purchased item in working condition otherwise give me my money back right now.

Really I am very disappointed by purchasing this software.
chivracq

Re: ERROR: The application is not licensed or the current license expired

Post by chivracq » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:00 am

toprankseo wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:21 am
I have purchased the iMacros Personal edition and downloaded the software from my products download section but still it is not running and showing me the message that "The application is not licensed or the current license expired."
I am tired of uninstalling and further installing the same and am now very depressed.
How can I activate my licensed version? Mainly I need to use iMacros in my firefox browser but even I can not see the “File access” in my downloads section so how do I enable it in Firefox browser.
I am not much technology literate so how can I get my product worked for me.

Finally, I want my purchased item in working condition otherwise give me my money back right now.

Really I am very disappointed by purchasing this software.

See this Answer from @TechSup in a similar Thread...: :idea:
- Re: The Application is not licensed or the current license expired
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:29 pm

Hi toprankseo,

The iMacros 2021 icon/shortcut will launch the iMacros browser, which is only available with a Professional or Enterprise edition license, that is why you receive that message.

File Access is automatically installed with iMacros 2021 (it is no longer a separate download). The only thing you should have to do is install iMacros for Firefox (if you don't already have it installed). When you click the FILES tab in the iMacros sidebar it should be able to read and list all your macro files from disk, that is how you know File Access is working and that the software is properly activated.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Domida

Post by Domida » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:27 pm

Hi, I have the similar issue :

Installation is ok : file activation.log = "[SUCCESSFUL_ACTIVATION] The Ipswitch product license was successfully activated on this computer."

but when I use Firefox or Chrome I have this information : "FreewareLimit: Freeware version limit exceeded: macro length 51 exceeds max value 50"

Have you a solution?
iMacros = personnal edition
Thanks for your help.