C# .Net Sample Project Not Found in iMacros 2021

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
msinca

C# .Net Sample Project Not Found in iMacros 2021

Post by msinca » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:52 am

Hi. I'm new to iMacros and am trying to write a C# .Net application that uses iMacros. I see on the iMacros Wiki (https://wiki.imacros.net/CSharp) that there are C# sample projects that are supposed to be included in the download but I could not find any in my downloaded/installed version of iMacros 2021. I found all the IIM Demos (Documents/iMacros/Macros/Demo) and there are some batch file examples in /iMacros/Examples but that's not what I need. I'm looking for the C# sample app that looks like the image on this page: https://wiki.imacros.net/CSharp.

I did find a previous topic on this but those showed the 12.6 version and I'm wondering if 2021 is different? (viewtopic.php?f=26&t=31300&p=86514&hili ... les#p86514).

Thanks for any help!
Mike
iMacros 2021
Windows 10 x64
msinca

Re: C# .Net Sample Project Not Found in iMacros 2021

Post by msinca » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:53 pm

Alternatively, if someone could zip up that C# Sample Directory and attach it here, that would be great as well.

Thanks!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:11 pm

msinca wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:52 am
Hi. I'm new to iMacros and am trying to write a C# .Net application that uses iMacros. I see on the iMacros Wiki (https://wiki.imacros.net/CSharp) that there are C# sample projects that are supposed to be included in the download but I could not find any in my downloaded/installed version of iMacros 2021. I found all the IIM Demos (Documents/iMacros/Macros/Demo) and there are some batch file examples in /iMacros/Examples but that's not what I need. I'm looking for the C# sample app that looks like the image on this page: https://wiki.imacros.net/CSharp.

I did find a previous topic on this but those showed the 12.6 version and I'm wondering if 2021 is different? (viewtopic.php?f=26&t=31300&p=86514&hili ... les#p86514).

Thanks for any help!
Mike

Code: Select all

iMacros 2021
Windows 10 x64
msinca wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:53 pm
Alternatively, if someone could zip up that C# Sample Directory and attach it here, that would be great as well.

Thanks!

Yep indeed, was my "last chance alternative" indeed, a bit busy, I didn't have the time to react earlier, and your Subject is more @TechSup's Expertise, but the Thread you linked to is actually still correct, for Path etc, you should have some "iMacros Examples Installer" Link in the 'iMacros' Folder in your 'Start' Menu..., which still launches the Installer from v12.6 indeed...

But here are the 'C#' Demos..., the whole 'Examples' Folder is 8.7Mb, too big (even zipped) for the Forum, I could pass it through some 'GoogleDrive'/'OneDrive' Link...
C#.zip
(19.82 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
msinca

Post by msinca » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:40 am

Thank you kindly for your help and attached file. I don't know why the 2021 version doesn't include those but my Start Menu for iMacros only includes iMacros, iMacrosEditor, and Uninstall iMacros Installation. No 'iMacros Examples Installer'.

But this should get me moving in the right direction so I appreciate it.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:14 pm

msinca wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:52 am

Thanks for any help!
Mike
iMacros 2021
Windows 10 x64
Hi Mike,

It sounds like you may have chosen the Personal or Professional Edition option when you installed iMacros 2021. All of the scripting interface related examples are installed when you select the Enterprise Edition option in the installer.
chivracq wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:11 pm
you should have some "iMacros Examples Installer" Link in the 'iMacros' Folder in your 'Start' Menu..., which still launch the Installer from v12.6 indeed...
Note: There is no separate Examples installer (or shortcut) in iMacros 2021, they are all included in the main installer.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support