bought a personal license, but it wont work

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
les_stockton

bought a personal license, but it wont work

Post by les_stockton » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:54 am

I bought a personal license for iMacros for Chrome. I see the imacros icon in the browser. I click on it, but when I try to go to the File tab, it says that File access is not available in the freeware version. I ran the installer. I provided the activation code, but that doesn't seem to matter.
The system seems to think that the imacros in my Chrome browser is a freeware version and it wont allow file access.

I've gone over and over to references dealing with licensing and activation, and it just seems to be a complete circle as far as referring me to another section and it all leads back where I started. and I still don't have a working copy of imacros.
Tom, Tech Support

Re: bought a personal license, but it wont work

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:36 am

Hi les,

Please verify whether the required Windows registry entries are present on your system as detailed in the following post:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=31889&p=88699#p88699
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
les_stockton

Post by les_stockton » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:46 am

thanks.
I checked. The registry entries are there and match the locations.
I've also verified that there is no blocking policy on host messaging.
les_stockton

Post by les_stockton » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:02 pm

I think that somehow, I ended up with a Player edition and not the Personal edition. They're priced the same so it's possible that I might've hit the wrong purchase button.
How do I rectify this? I'd like to have the Personal edition.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:21 pm

Quick update: I've updated this post with the solution that worked for Les.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
les_stockton

Post by les_stockton » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:42 pm

thanks