Demo-Chrome folder is not showed

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
giuseppe

Demo-Chrome folder is not showed

Post by giuseppe » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:06 am

Hi,
I add imacro extension to chrome, but Demo-Chrome folder is not showed.
With firefox folder is created automatically.
With chrome what I need to do?
Plees see this picture
http://subefotos.com/ver/?b6cc95587b67a ... 29ea2o.png

I hope your reply
CIM are:
iMacros Firefox 9.0.3 / Browser Firefox 52.2.1 / Windows Vista
chivracq

Re: Demo-Chrome folder is not showed

Post by chivracq » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:02 am

giuseppe wrote:Hi,
I add imacro extension to chrome, but Demo-Chrome folder is not showed.
With firefox folder is created automatically.
With chrome what I need to do?
Plees see this picture
http://subefotos.com/ver/?b6cc95587b67a ... 29ea2o.png

I hope your reply
:roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
giuseppe

Post by giuseppe » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:53 am

Sorry, I always forget it... I am a little stupid...
WINDOWS 10
CHROME Versió 67.0.3396.99 (64 bits)
iMacro Version 10.0.2
CIM are:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:20 pm

giuseppe wrote:Sorry, I always forget it... I am a little stupid...

Code: Select all

WINDOWS 10
CHROME Versió 67.0.3396.99 (64 bits)
iMacro Version 10.0.2
Yep..., very good...! (Could try to spell "iMacros" correctly, btw...)

Yeah well, not sure what your Pb is, I do see some 'Demo-Chrome' Folder on your Screenshot... :?

But for all Versions (with Add-ons), after installing/updating the Add-on, you normally get some Popup asking you if you want to install/overwrite the Demos, and for iMacros for CR (+ now iMacros for FF v10.0.2 as well), you need to have the FIO Module for File Access (not included in the Free Add-on) to be able to see and access Local ('.iim') Files... (also needed for Commands like '!DATASOURCE' and 'SAVEAS' to work...)
Last edited by chivracq on Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
giuseppe

Post by giuseppe » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:12 pm

OK, so the proble is that I have not Module for File Access.
I have free version, so I have not access to DATASORCE.
To my other computer I have imacros for firefox with a version 9, so I can use datasource access.
I think this is all...
CIM are:
giuseppe

Post by giuseppe » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi, I have 2 computers, COMPUTER 1 and COMPUTER 2.
When I opened this thread I tryed to install iMacro in my COMPUTER 2 with the follow CIM:
WINDOWS 10 / CHROME Versió 67.0.3396.99 (64 bits) / iMacro Version 10.0.2
In order to install iMacro I used Google Play repository, so was installed the last version of iMacro, and I understood that with last version there are some restriction like DISABLED OF DEMO CHROME FOLDER. So this doubt was clarified.

The problem is now with my COMPUTER 1, where I use iMacros in the browser FIREFOX. CIM are:
This version of iMacro was installed 2 years ago and with Firefox all run wel.
But now I'd like use iMacro in the Chrome Browser. I have the follow version of Chrome: 49.0.2623
Of course I can not install the las version of imacro, because in google play I receive the message like: MY BROWSER DO NOT SUPPORT LAS VERSION OF IMACROS.
But it is not a problem... because I do not want the last version of iMacro... I want an old version in order to use all the caracteristics of iMacro for example like the acces to DEMO CHROME FOLDER.
In order to do that I installed the version 8.4.4 of iMacros. I download it from:
https://crx.dam.io/ext/cplklnmnlbnpmjog ... nlemp.html
With this version I think I should to have acces to CHROME DEMO FOLDER, but it is not so... With version 8.4.4 I have not acces to files... I do not understand why...

Can you explain what happen?
What you think am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your support.
CIM are:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:27 pm

giuseppe wrote:Hi, I have 2 computers, COMPUTER 1 and COMPUTER 2.
When I opened this thread I tryed to install iMacro in my COMPUTER 2 with the follow CIM:

WINDOWS 10 / CHROME Versió 67.0.3396.99 (64 bits) / iMacro Version 10.0.2
In order to install iMacro I used Google Play repository, so was installed the last version of iMacro, and I understood that with last version there are some restriction like DISABLED OF DEMO CHROME FOLDER. So this doubt was clarified.

The problem is now with my COMPUTER 1, where I use iMacros in the browser FIREFOX. CIM are:

This version of iMacro was installed 2 years ago and with Firefox all run wel.
But now I'd like use iMacro in the Chrome Browser. I have the follow version of Chrome: 49.0.2623
Of course I can not install the las version of imacro, because in google play I receive the message like: MY BROWSER DO NOT SUPPORT LAS VERSION OF IMACROS.
But it is not a problem... because I do not want the last version of iMacro... I want an old version in order to use all the caracteristics of iMacro for example like the acces to DEMO CHROME FOLDER.
In order to do that I installed the version 8.4.4 of iMacros. I download it from:
https://crx.dam.io/ext/cplklnmnlbnpmjog ... nlemp.html
With this version I think I should to have acces to CHROME DEMO FOLDER, but it is not so... With version 8.4.4 I have not acces to files... I do not understand why...

Can you explain what happen?
What you think am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your support.
Oh...!, excellent...!! :D I didn't know this Page/Site...! Because, yep, always a big hassle to find previous Versions of any CR Add-on as Google doesn't maintain any Archive like Mozilla does for FF. :roll:
And I see that they started already in June 2016, 2 years ago... 8)

I am a little bit surprised to notice that "their" '.zip' Files are all a few Kb more in Size than "mine", (I also maintain a "personal" Archive of all iMacros Versions, especially for CR because of the Lack of a Public Archive), I would need to file-diff the Content of the '.zip' Files for one same Version, maybe they use a different Compression Rate, or I guess they first download the '.crx' File that they then rezip, while I kept the original '.crx' File or for a few '.zip' Files, downloaded them directly from the 'Version History' Page when they could still be downloaded from that Page, before all Links to previous Versions were removed by Ipswitch when v10 for CR got released...

But to answer your Qt why you still can't see the (Demo) '.iim' Macros even with v8.4.4 is that v8.x still needed/needs the 'FIO' Module for File-Access...
And its Download Link of course also got removed when all Links were removed from the iMacros/iOpus/Ipswitch Site with v10..., tja...! :oops:
You need to check if you can find this 'FIO' Module in this Archive or somewhere else on Internet...

For iMacros for CR v8.4.4, you need:

Name: "iMacros for Chrome File Access"
File: 'iMacros-for-Chrome-File-Access-Setup-Win.exe'
Version: v1.0.0.985 (June 2016)
Size: 592Kb (606,256 bytes)
The latest Version that didn't need any 'FIO' Module at all was v7.0.3 (not offered for Download in this Archive), but I think it used to work until around CR35, I reckon it would very probably not work anyway on CR60+, or even CR49 that you seem to be using... :oops:
giuseppe

Post by giuseppe » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:00 pm

Hi, thanks for your suggestion.
After look around the internet world... I find it here:
http://www.oodesk.com/share/biodark/browse.php
CIM are:
giuseppe

Post by giuseppe » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:04 pm

mmmm But now I can see only .iim files and the files .js are not showed...
Why?
Maybe .js files are not supported from imacros for chrome version 8?
Can you provide some information about that?
CIM are:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:12 pm

giuseppe wrote:Hi, thanks for your suggestion.
After look around the internet world... I find it here:
http://www.oodesk.com/share/biodark/browse.php
Yep, very good, that's the one...! :D
giuseppe wrote:mmmm But now I can see only .iim files and the files .js are not showed...
Why?
Maybe .js files are not supported from imacros for chrome version 8?
Can you provide some information about that?
Yep, normal, '.js' Macros were never supported on CR, only on FF (until v8.9.7, even v10.0.2 for FF doesn't support '.js' Scripts anymore).
giuseppe

Post by giuseppe » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:14 pm

Ok, I see...
Only Imacros for FF run with js
You ssayd that in this thread
https://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?t=27141

I am very very very angry...
All my ,acros are in js
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
CIM are:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:23 pm

giuseppe wrote:Ok, I see...
Only Imacros for FF run with js
You ssayd that in this thread
https://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?t=27141

I am very very very angry...
All my ,acros are in js
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Yep..., if you want to use '.js' Scripts, you need to stick to v8.9.7 for FF (which still works until FF56, I have it myself on FF v55.0.3 + Win10_x64)...

But if "all your Macros are in '.js'", that's some very "Basic" Knowledge about iMacros that you should know... :o
It's always been like that.. Only iMacros for FF supports / ever supported '.js' Scripts...!

Hum, and some "Alternative" to FF55/56, is to use some Browser forked on FF like 'Pale Moon', 'Waterfox' or 'Cyberfox' for example, for which you can still use v8.8.2 / v8.8.7 / v8.9.7, all for FF.
My "Prod"-Env. for example is based on Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47) + v8.8.2 for FF + Win10_x64. 8)