Problem downloading addon for IE 11

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
irakez123

Problem downloading addon for IE 11

Post by irakez123 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:18 am

Hello everybody. I have a problem downloading the free add-on for Internet Explorer 11.

When I get to the page https://imacros.net/download/free-versions/thank-you/ and click on the Download button next to IE 64-bit version, nothing happens. It just keeps saying "Waiting for imacros.net" or "Waiting for version.imacros.net" eventually bringing me to "Page cannot be displayed".

Tools like "iswebsitedown" show me that version.imacros.net is indeed down and not only for me.

Is there any mirror site where I can download the addon?

Thank you
chivracq

Re: Problem downloading addon for IE 11

Post by chivracq » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:50 pm

irakez123 wrote:Hello everybody. I have a problem downloading the free add-on for Internet Explorer 11.

When I get to the page https://imacros.net/download/free-versions/thank-you/ and click on the Download button next to IE 64-bit version, nothing happens. It just keeps saying "Waiting for imacros.net" or "Waiting for version.imacros.net" eventually bringing me to "Page cannot be displayed".

Tools like "iswebsitedown" show me that version.imacros.net is indeed down and not only for me.

Is there any mirror site where I can download the addon?

Thank you
Hum..., you seem to be right, I was able to "reproduce" indeed, both for IE _x32 and _x64... (The Download Links for CR + FF link to the CR and FF Add-ons Galleries and still work...)

I've sent a Mail (back) to the E-mail Address from the Mail you have probably received as well after filling in your personal Contact Info prior to downloading the Add-on... (And I've asked them (or TechSup) to post some mini-Update in the Thread here once the Download Site will be Up and Running again... It's the WE now..., I don't know if that E-mail Account is "monitored"/answered during the WE, you/we might have to wait until Monday...)
=> Maybe an Idea in the meantime, to "try" iMacros for CR/FF, or iMB v12 (the iMacros Browser), the Trial Version (for iMB) is 30 days long fully functional... Oh...!, but hum..., I didn't check for iMB, but I guess it probably comes from the same Download Site, then I guess the Download for iMB will probably also be impacted, oops...! :oops:

And otherwise, nope, I don't really know of any "Mirror Site"... (But I didn't really look for any either...)
Hum, it doesn't seem to be on 'FileHippo', you can check the following Site for Alternatives, iMB v12.0 seems to be for example on 'Softpedia'... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:17 pm

Oh..., and yep, from more or less the same Page on 'Softpedia', (after clicking on the 'Download' Button), iMacros for IE v12.0, can also be downloaded, both for _x32 and _x64... :D

I downloaded the _x64 Version and the Setup looks original (and very Legit to me)...:

Code: Select all

- 'iMacrosFreewareSetup_12.0.501.6698_x64.exe'
- Size = 4.02 MB (4,220,280 bytes)
- Size on disk = 4.02 MB (4,222,976 bytes)
- SHA = 44e70a7d8c5a7fa18620a4f85d84f8e4
Hum, a bit strange though... :? , the "original" one from the Ipswitch Site (that I had downloaded in May 2018) has a different SHA:

Code: Select all

- SHA = 1688f039255e638e69143907e6330b
Hum..., I don't know, I'm not very "familiar" with Digital Signatures... :?

If you reply @OP, I would encourage you to quote my Post...
(The Internal Search Engine is a bit "buggy" and doesn't look inside ']CODE[' Forum Tags, unless that Content is quoted... :wink: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:27 am

It must have been a temporary outage on the iMacros site, because all of those download links were working when I tested them just now. Unfortunately, we don't have any mirror download sites at this time, and I would caution against downloading the software from third-party sites.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support