How to Download Older Versions of the IE Sidebar

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sgibbs77

How to Download Older Versions of the IE Sidebar

Post by sgibbs77 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:46 pm

I just recently downloaded version 12 of the IE Sidebar, and none of my macros will run because it says that the limit is 50 commands. I did not have this issue in previous versions of IE Sidebar. The Wiki page Version History does not allow you to download the older versions anymore. Is there another way to download the older versions of the IE Sidebar. I'm not including my IE version or Windows version, because none of that is relevant to this question. Here is specifically what it says on the Version History page.

Older versions are available for customers to download via their Ipswitch Community account or upon request.

I can't set up a Ipswitch Community account and I don't know where or who to request this from.
chivracq

Re: How to Download Older Versions of the IE Sidebar

Post by chivracq » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:23 pm

sgibbs77 wrote:I just recently downloaded version 12 of the IE Sidebar, and none of my macros will run because it says that the limit is 50 commands. I did not have this issue in previous versions of IE Sidebar. The Wiki page Version History does not allow you to download the older versions anymore. Is there another way to download the older versions of the IE Sidebar. I'm not including my IE version or Windows version, because none of that is relevant to this question. Here is specifically what it says on the Version History page.

Older versions are available for customers to download via their Ipswitch Community account or upon request.

I can't set up a Ipswitch Community account and I don't know where or who to request this from.
Oh...!, this is very new I guess...! Hum, I'm not surprised to be honest, iMacros for IE (v12.0.5) was the last Version of the Free Add-ons to still be "completely" Free, after v10.0.1 for CR and v10.0.2 had become 'Free' + (paid) 'PE'...

But hum, you could mention the exact Version of iMacros for IE v12 that you downloaded, because the just previous Version is also a "v12" Version and it is/was still fully Functional afaik...

But have a look at the following (fairly recent) Thread where I had mentioned several Sites and one in particular that I had checked myself which maintained several (previous) Versions of iMB and iMacros for IE available for Download...:
- Re: Problem downloading addon for IE 11
And like Tom from TechSup had warned in that Thread, those 3rd-party Sites are not maintained by Ipswitch and you should always be a bit "cautious", but the one I had checked myself looked "genuine" to me... :wink:

Hum, you could have opened your Thread in the new 'Installation and Licensing' Sub-Forum btw... (where it will probably get moved to actually...) :wink:
Last edited by chivracq on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Re: How to Download Older Versions of the IE Sidebar

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi sgibbs77,

Ipswitch no longer supports or distributes older versions of the freeware product. You can continue using the current freeware version with the 50-line limit, or upgrade to a Personal Edition (or better) license.

http://imacros.net/store/compare-versions

http://imacros.net/store
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support