Need a legacy version of iMacros for Firefox?

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.
Post Reply
Tom, Tech Support
Posts: 3353
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Need a legacy version of iMacros for Firefox?

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:13 pm

Recently, Mozilla removed all legacy add-ons (those that are not compatible with Firefox 57 and later) from the add-ons’ version history pages. Only add-ons implemented with the new WebExtensions API that are compatible with Firefox 57 (Quantum) and later are listed in their archive, which means only iMacros for Firefox 10 and newer will be listed there.

If you still need access to a legacy version of iMacros for Firefox (v9.0.3 or older), we will make some of these versions available via the legacy version history page in the iMacros wiki. To make this page easier to find, we have also linked to it on the listing for iMacros for Firefox in the Firefox Add-ons repository as well as on the version history page there too.

If you need a version that is not currently listed there, feel free to post a request for it here in this thread.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq
Posts: 7730
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm
Location: Amsterdam (NL)

Re: Need a legacy version of iMacros for Firefox?

Post by chivracq » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:Recently, Mozilla removed all legacy add-ons (those that are not compatible with Firefox 57 and later) from the add-ons’ version history pages. Only add-ons implemented with the new WebExtensions API that are compatible with Firefox 57 (Quantum) and later are listed in their archive, which means only iMacros for Firefox 10 and newer will be listed there.

If you still need access to a legacy version of iMacros for Firefox (v9.0.3 or older), we will make some of these versions available via the legacy version history page in the iMacros wiki. To make this page easier to find, we have also linked to it on the listing for iMacros for Firefox in the Firefox Add-ons repository as well as on the version history page there too.

If you need a version that is not currently listed there, feel free to post a request for it here in this thread.
Oh...!, that's a Good News...! :D
We already had a few Threads about "finding" v9.0.3 and v8.9.7 yesterday, and I was "convinced" that the "Move" came from Ipswitch to force Users to switch to the commercial v10.0.2 Version, ah-ah...! (Hum, confirmed I thought, by the fact that I had linked to some Download Site a few weeks ago which offered a few older Versions for Download, and all those Versions had also disappeared from that Site...)

But that's a bit of a "stupid" Move anyway from Mozilla then, I think... They can place a Warning, but pfff..., let us decide what we want to install... This is the very exact Reason why many Users have been moving away from Firefox the last few years because the User is losing more and more Control over its Browser with each new FF Release... :roll:
Latest ESR Version for example is FF52 I think..., and there are still Users using WinXP, I'm not even sure if FF57-63 works on WinXP...

I see that v9.0.3 and v8.9.7 are indeed already available via the 'Version History' Page, yep, those are the 2 "most used" Versions. :D
2 other Versions that could also be "useful" for Pale Moon Users are v8.8.2 and v8.8.7.
(I use v8.8.2 myself for all my "Prod" Scripts... (= Last Version to work on PM v26.3.3 that I use...))
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support
Posts: 3353
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: Need a legacy version of iMacros for Firefox?

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:07 pm

chivracq wrote:But that's a bit of a "stupid" Move anyway from Mozilla then, I think... They can place a Warning, but pfff..., let us decide what we want to install...
I totally agree!
chivracq wrote:2 other Versions that could also be "useful" for Pale Moon Users are v8.8.2 and v8.8.7.
Done.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq
Posts: 7730
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm
Location: Amsterdam (NL)

Re: Need a legacy version of iMacros for Firefox?

Post by chivracq » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:18 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
chivracq wrote:2 other Versions that could also be "useful" for Pale Moon Users are v8.8.2 and v8.8.7.
Done.
Oh...!, very good, that was quick, ah-ah...! Thanks of course... :D
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
Post Reply