How to play my iim scripts in Personal Edition

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
kait2019

How to play my iim scripts in Personal Edition

Post by kait2019 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:16 am

Hi,

I just upgraded from the free version to the Personal Edition. I have a lot of iim scripts, but I don't know how to access them.
I use both Chrome and Firefox Quantum.
Have installed the latest extensions on both Firefox and Chrome, but they only show me the Demo macros.

Can I not add the *.iim files into the Macros folder and be able to play them?

Surely I don't have to recreate them all?

Windows 10
Firefox 60.50esr [Quantum]
Also, I don't use Microsoft Internet Explorer
Last edited by kait2019 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: How to play my iim scripts in Personal Edition

Post by chivracq » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:55 am

kait2019 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:16 am
Hi,

I just upgraded from the free version to the Personal Edition. I have a lot of iim scripts, but I don't know how to access them.
I use both Chrome and Firefox Quantum.

Can I not add the *.iim files into the Macros folder and be able to play them?

Surely I don't have to recreate them all?
You need to install the 'FIO' Module for Local File-Access, you should have a Link in the iMacros Options both in FF and/or CR. And I think you only need to install it once, it's the same Module for both Browsers/iMacros Versions...

More Info otherwise in the Wiki from this Page... :idea:

(And nope, you don't need to recreate your '.iim' Scripts, ah-ah...! :shock: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
kait2019

Post by kait2019 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:27 am

Thank you for helping me to get access to the iim scripts I already have.

But . . .

They don't run. The message is

"UnsupportedCommand: command EVENT is not supported in the current version"

Is this something that I can fix so that these iim scripts will play?

Thanks.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:12 am

kait2019 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:27 am
Thank you for helping me to get access to the iim scripts I already have.

But . . .

They don't run. The message is

"UnsupportedCommand: command EVENT is not supported in the current version"

Is this something that I can fix so that these iim scripts will play?

Thanks.
Ah...!, OK, and yep I see you've added some bit of extra Info to your OP:
Windows 10
Firefox 60.50esr [Quantum]
Also, I don't use Microsoft Internet Explorer
=> Probably using iMacros for FF v10.0.2 'PE' + FF64 + Win10.

But the 'EVENT' Mode is indeed not supported anymore/yet in v10.0.2 for FF, like mentioned in the Release Notes:
Version 10.0.2, released July 9, 2018

[...]

Not supported in this version:
- CLICK
- EVENT, EVENTS
- FILEDELETE
- FILTER
- ONDIALOG
- PROXY
- !POPUP_ALLOWED
- !SINGLESTEP
- File upload is not supported
- iMacros for Firefox is disabled in Private Browsing mode due to restrictions in Firefox
- The built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files is no longer available. Please use the iMacros Scripting Interface (API) included with some of the iMacros paid editions. This API allows you to control Chrome and Firefox from external scripts and programs (C++, C#, Javascript, Python, Perl, etc.)
- The imacros://run/ URI is no longer supported for running macros from the command line, however, a new method is described here.
The 'EVENT' Mode is now supported on all Browsers (iMB + IE + CR) except on FF, or for FF, you still need to use v8.9.7 (which only works until FF55/56). :oops:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
kait2019

Post by kait2019 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:11 pm

Thanks, chivracq

According to the exe files, I have version 12.5.xxxxx for iMacros setup
But
the iMacrosFileAccess is v 10.0.2
Will contact the company today and see if there's a later version of FileAccess that might support the "EVENT" command
or
if there's some kind of workaround, like making the scripts into bookmarks?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:42 pm

kait2019 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:11 pm
Thanks, chivracq

According to the exe files, I have version 12.5.xxxxx for iMacros setup
But
the iMacrosFileAccess is v 10.0.2
Will contact the company today and see if there's a later version of FileAccess that might support the "EVENT" command
or
if there's some kind of workaround, like making the scripts into bookmarks?
- iMB and iMacros for IE are at v12.5. (And they don't need the 'FIO' Module, File-Access Functionality is directly integrated in the Browser/Add-on.)
- iMacros for CR is at v10.0.5.
- iMacros for FF is at v10.0.2.

And the last Version of the 'FIO' Module is indeed v10.0.2 (which works for both CR + FF) and that was released when v10.0.2 for FF was released.

The 'EVENT' Mode/Command doesn't use/need any Local File-Access Functionality and therefore a "new(er)" Version of the 'FIO' Module won't make any "Difference"... (And I guess TechSup will tell you the same thing...) Commands that need File-Access are 'DATASOURCE' + 'SAVEAS' for example...
The 'EVENT' Functionality is coded directly in the Browser/Add-on, at least for the Versions that support this Recording/Play Mode. It was supported in iMacros for FF until v8.9.7 and v9.0.3, but v10.0.2 for FF doesn't support it anymore/yet(?), but it's possible that there are some "Plans" to support it again in some later v10.0.x Version for FF, I don't know... (But that would be a Qt to ask to TechSup... :idea: )

If your Scripts use the 'EVENT' Mode and you cannot convert those Statements to the 'TAG' Mode, your best Option at the moment would be run those Scripts on CR or IE, or to go back to v8.9.7 for FF which only works until FF55/56 and doesn't support FF Quantum.
v8.9.7 for FF also works on Pale Moon v27/v28 as PM didn't adopt WebExtensions.

[Your Thread will btw get moved to the 'Installation & License Activation' Sub-Forum where it belongs...]