already installed iMacros-for-Chrome-File-Access-Setup-Win.exe, but still prompts not installed in the FILES tab.

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
imacro_guy

already installed iMacros-for-Chrome-File-Access-Setup-Win.exe, but still prompts not installed in the FILES tab.

Post by imacro_guy » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi Team,
as the subject goes, i've already installed iMacros-for-Chrome-File-Access-Setup-Win.exe, but still prompts not installed in the FILES tab.

pls help.

iMacros:
iMacros for Chrome 8.4.4
Browser:
Google Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 7 64 bit.
chivracq

Re: already installed iMacros-for-Chrome-File-Access-Setup-Win.exe, but still prompts not installed in the FILES tab.

Post by chivracq » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:39 pm

imacro_guy wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:37 pm
Hi Team,
as the subject goes, i've already installed iMacros-for-Chrome-File-Access-Setup-Win.exe, but still prompts not installed in the FILES tab.

pls help.

iMacros:
iMacros for Chrome 8.4.4
Browser:
Google Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 7 64 bit.
What Version of the FIO Module for File Access did you install...? v8.4.4 for CR needs FIO v1.0.0.985 (592Kb) from 2016-07-11.

If you didn't prevent v8.4.4 for CR to update automatically, (and it's a complete pain-in-the-ass on CR to prevent Add-ons from automatically updating, you need to "kill" the 'manifest' File or to block all Chrome Update Servers IP's), it probably updated to v10.0.5 and the FIO Module needed has a different Version, => v10.0.2 I think, as it is also compatible with v10.0.2 for FF. (And it is not Free anymore..., and only included in the 'PE' Version...)

FIO v10.0.2 won't work with v8.4.4, and I'm not sure if v8.4.4 works with CR73.

(Your Thread will btw probably get moved to the 'Installation and Licensing' Sub-Forum where you should/could have opened it directly...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
ebdomanski

Re: already installed iMacros-for-Chrome-File-Access-Setup-Win.exe, but still prompts not installed in the FILES tab.

Post by ebdomanski » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:33 pm

Hi all,

I've opened a thread Under Installation & License Just as Chivracq mentioned, but I also decided to point it here, just in case anyone needs for further reference both cases

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30245

Weird thing is that latest version of all have been installed. I mention in the thread the chrome, imacros, add-on and file Access versions. Not solved yet, but I'll add a note here if it gets solved.

Thanks
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:36 pm

ebdomanski wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:33 pm
Hi all,

I've opened a thread Under Installation & License Just as Chivracq mentioned, but I also decided to point it here, just in case anyone needs for further reference both cases

Weird thing is that latest version of all have been installed. I mention in the thread the chrome, imacros, add-on and file Access versions. Not solved yet, but I'll add a note here if it gets solved.

Thanks
Yep, @ebdomanski, I saw your Thread yesterday in the 'Installation' Sub-Forum, correct Sub-Forum, I would have expected TechSup to post a Reply in it today (as they must have received a Notification when you opened it), but nope...! I will try to alert them (again!) about both Threads, I had already sent an Alert about this current Thread when @OP opened it 5 days ago, but no Reply either.. (Hum, @OP for this current Thread didn't bother to follow up, I probably won't (try to) help them in the future btw... :shock: )

You have the correct "Combination", @ebdo, of iMacros for CR v10.0.5 + FIO v10.0.2.1446, afaik... Your CR65 is a bit "old", (current is now CR73), but it should work I would think, so I don't know what the Pb is..., maybe your iMB v12.0 (instead of v12.5) is causing some "Interference" in the Registry... :?

But Installation Pb's are not really my "Field of Expertise", especially with those (fairly recent) commercial Versions that I don't use myself, (I don't even have the FIO-Module for File-Access needed for the 'PE' Versions, then I can't do any Testing myself, and there is not much I can do to help you guys...), those Threads are for TechSup to answer... :oops:
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
ebdomanski

Post by ebdomanski » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:31 am

Hi @chivracq,

I really appreciate your helping here. Hopefully tech support can answer any of the threads very soon, as this is causing many problems to us and this will certainly happen with other users as well, so they can find useful information to troubleshoot the issue here.

Anyway, I'll update both Threads once the issue is solved, with the solution :)

Best regards,
chivracq wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:36 pm
ebdomanski wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:33 pm
Hi all,

Thanks
Yep, @ebdomanski, I saw your Thread yesterday in the 'Installation' Sub-Forum, correct Sub-Forum, I would have expected TechSup to post a Reply in it today (as they must have a received a Notification when you opened it), but nope...! I will try to alert them (again!) about both Threads, I had already sent an Alert about this current Thread when @OP opened it 5 days ago, but no Reply either.. (Hum, @OP for this current Thread didn't bother to follow up, I probably won't (try to) help them in the future btw... :shock: )

You have the correct "Combination", @ebdo, of iMacros for CR v10.0.5 + FIO v10.0.2.1446, afaik... Your CR65 is a bit "old", (current is now CR73), but it should work I would think, so I don't know what the Pb is..., maybe your iMB v12.0 (instead of v12.5) is causing some "Interference" in the Registry... :?

But Installation Pb's are not really my "Field of Expertise", especially with those (fairly recent) commercial Versions that I don't use myself, (I don't even have the FIO-Module for File-Access needed for the 'PE' Versions, then I can't do any Testing myself, and there is not much I can do to help you guys...), those Threads are for TechSup to answer... :oops: