How i can download Old version for Chrome extension iMacros? No download link in WIKI

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sebaa

How i can download Old version for Chrome extension iMacros? No download link in WIKI

Post by sebaa » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:22 pm

Hello my friend!

Do some research on several sides but I don't get old versions for Chrome! I need to use Chrome since Firefox has a limitation and what I want to do doesn't work!

can anybody send me the direct link or another thing? I looked for several sides but I can't find the download of some old version that has "file access" for CHROME!

---> https://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Ch ... on_History

Code: Select all

Windows 10 x64
Chrome Versión 76.0.3809.132 (Build oficial) (64 bits)
Chrome Imacros FREE 10.0.5
I CAN INSTALL OLD VERSION FOR CHROME IN CASE THAT IT IS NECESSARY.

I do not know if you can ask me to send me the direct link or the page on which I can download the old version of the iMacros extension for Chrome but if not, you can let me know and edit the post!

Thanks you for read me and answer!
chivracq

Re: How i can download Old version for Chrome extension iMacros? No download link in WIKI

Post by chivracq » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:26 pm

sebaa wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:22 pm
Hello my friend!

Do some research on several sides but I don't get old versions for Chrome! I need to use Chrome since Firefox has a limitation and what I want to do doesn't work!

can anybody send me the direct link or another thing? I looked for several sides but I can't find the download of some old version that has "file access" for CHROME!

---> https://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Ch ... on_History

Code: Select all

Windows 10 x64
Chrome Versión 76.0.3809.132 (Build oficial) (64 bits)
Chrome Imacros FREE 10.0.5
I CAN INSTALL OLD VERSION FOR CHROME IN CASE THAT IT IS NECESSARY.

I do not know if you can ask me to send me the direct link or the page on which I can download the old version of the iMacros extension for Chrome but if not, you can let me know and edit the post!

Thanks you for read me and answer!

Ah...!, good...!, you've opened a (parallel) Thread on our Forum after your Thread on SOF from yesterday...:
- Do older versions of iMacros have “file access extension” to use .CSV?

Like I mentioned in my Reply/Comment on SOF, there is not much iMacros Expertise on that Forum, or mostly me and I very rarely answer Qt's on that Forum as the Quality is usually very poor, and mostly from 1st time Posters who most of the time, delete their Qt once they've had their Answer... :roll:
And the Site is also so buggy that it's a "mental Torture" to use it, plus it is merely meant for "easy/simple" Qt's expecting a "direct/easy/simple/straightforward" Answer while iMacros Qt's usually require a bit of back-and-forth Communication and several Forks in different Directions to "investigate" several possible Solutions...

And yep of course, there are also some "easy/straightforward" Qt's about iMacros, but they've all already been asked and answered on the iMacros Forum, so sbd asking those on SOF only means the User is lazy and didn't read any Documentation nor searched the iMacros Forum... :roll:

>>>

So OK, asking about previous Versions of iMacros for CR, yep indeed, not easy, the 'iMacros for CR' "Legacy" Wiki Page only links to the Google Add-ons Gallery which "stupidly" doesn't have any Archive like Mozilla does with FF, and always only contains the latest/current Version. :roll:

"Somebody" on Internet maintains an Archive of previous Versions for all/many CR Add-ons, and iMacros for CR v8.4.4 was there last time I checked, (maybe 1 year ago), but the ''FIO'-Module corresponding to v8.4.4 was not included in that Archive, I think I remember...
Name/URL of the Site should be findable if you google it, and there is one Thread about it on our Forum, that you should be able to find, in the 'Installation' Sub-Forum I reckon, where you should also have opened your Thread btw... :idea:
Locate that Thread and I'll ask to move it to that Sub-Forum if it's not there yet, the 'Installation' Sub-Forum was only created a few months ago, and the Thread was older, so it might still be located in the 'General' or 'CR' Sub-Forums...

But v8.4.4 for CR without the 'FIO'-Module won't really bring you much further I would think... And that Version is pretty old already, from 3-4 years ago, same with CR which btw is a complete pain-in-the-ass to prevent from updating itself, same with Add-ons... :oops:

>>>

But your original Thread/Qt on SOF was about CR + FF..., and for FF, that's much easier, as previous Versions don't need any external 'FIO'-Module, and they all can be downloaded from the 'iMacros for FF - Legacy' Wiki-Page. 8)
They used to be also available from the Mozilla Add-ons Archive, but Mozilla also "stupidly" removed a few months ago all "older" Versions that were not compatible with 'WebExtensions'... :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
sebaa

Re: How i can download Old version for Chrome extension iMacros? No download link in WIKI

Post by sebaa » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:04 pm

Hi, chivracq how have you been? Thanks for your answers always!

by the way, what is your real name?

I was filtering using "site:" and I found the post you told me I think! There are versions but there is no 9 .. from 8.4.4 jumps to 10.

Does version 10 have free "File access"?

My English is a bad thing and Google translates a little badly.

You asked me to give you the link for you to review? I'll leave it here!

---> viewtopic.php?t=29600

Thanks you, i gonna try to use 10.. but i don't now haha
Last edited by sebaa on Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:28 pm

sebaa wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:04 pm
Hi, chivracq how have you been? Thanks for your answers always!

by the way, what is your real name?

I was filtering using "site:" and I found the post you told me I think! There are versions but there is no 9 .. from 8.4.4 jumps to 10.

Does version 10 have free "File access"?

My English is a bad thing and Google translates a little badly.

You asked me to give you the link for you to review? I'll leave it here!

---> viewtopic.php?t=29600

Thanks you, i gonna try to use 10.. but i don't now haha

Ouf...!, you don't need to quote yourself again, that doesn't help for Readability of the Thread...! :shock:
(=> If you can remove it from your last Post...?) // EDIT: Thanks... :D

And you don't "really" need to quote me either, unless you are replying to a specific part of my Reply, or if several Users are posting in the Thread...

I do quote systematically because many Users tend to edit/mutilate their Posts, especially their OP, once they've got their Answer/Solution, to prevent the "Competition" from using "their" Script, or some Users tend to keep editing their OP as they "progress", which renders such Threads quickly "unusable" for other Users searching the Forum and trying to read/follow those Threads, but I don't delete my Posts... :idea:

>

Yeah well, "chivracq" is my "real" Name, that I use for (most) Technical Sites/Forums for my (Technical) "e-Reputation", except on a few Sites/Forums about (dark/white) "Security"... 8)
(And you already knew as you previously tried to "connect" with me through 'FB', ah-ah...! :wink: , which I didn't accept as I keep 'FB' only for my "private"/"real" Life (+ Art/Music/DJ), same with 'Skype', unless I initiate the "Contact" myself, usually only for paid Projects to have some "more flexible" way to to communicate than E-Mail as PM is disabled on the Forum...)

>

Like mentioned on the 'Version History for iMacros for CR' Wiki Page, there is/was no v9.x Version for CR, the Version Nb's went straight from v8.4.4 to v10.0.1.
Reason was that iMacros for FF was at some v9.0.x Version at that time, and the next Version for FF would also be based on the same Code Base like CR, so iMacros for CR went straight to v10.x.

>

Oh, good...!, that's indeed the Thread I was referring to, and here is a direct Link to my Post in that Thread that contains a Quote with the Link to that Site, and that same User had also posted a bit further in the same Thread another Link to another Site where the 'FIO'-Module for v8.4.4 could be downloaded. 8)
(And both Links still work, in Octb 2019, good...! 8) )

And I've asked the Forum Admin to move that Thread (and yours also) to the 'Installation and Licensing' Sub-Forum, where they'll be easier to find for other Users..., and where they belong actually... :|

>

About English, and using 'Google Translate', well..., I don't think 'Google Translate' is using "gonna" for its Translations, ah-ah...! :shock:
Funny to see that all 12-14-16 "Kids" in the World who hardly speak English all pretend to speak "Chicago-Kidda-Wannabe-Gangsta-Streeta-Slanga-Langua" with "gonna/wanna/gotta", thinking it sounds "cool"... :roll:

You can better use "proper" English on the Forum instead of trying to use some "fake" Slang, I usually don't answer such Threads, just saying... :idea:
(And English is not my Native Language either, like more than 80% of all Users on the Forum... :P )

>>>

But to go back to the "main Purpose" of your Thread, I think, both on SOF and here, what you "want" is the 'Local File' Functionality, to use a DataSource or to save some (extracted) Content to a '.CSV' File... :|
(Even if there are Alternatives to using a Local File for both, but you didn't explain at all "why" you want File-Access and what you want to do..., tja...!)

Then..., pfff..., I wouldn't really advise to go for iMacros for CR v8.4.4 and its corresponding CR Version that will be 3 or 4 years old, and like I mentioned, preventing CR from updating is really a pain-in-the-ass..., hum, maybe less than "now" with such an old CR Version indeed, but still...

A better Option I think, would be to use iMacros for FF v8.9.7 which still works either on FF v55.0.3 (also starting to become a bit old now, but I use it myself), but that fully functional Version also works on "modern" and completely up-to-date Browsers forked on FF and that didn't adopt the WebExtensions Architecture like FF did from FF56/57:
=> 'Pale Moon' (v28), 'WaterFox' (v56), 'Basilisk' (v2019-09-x) for example... :idea:
(The Versions I mention are the "current" Versions in Octb 2019, but those 3 Browsers get some regular (Security) Updates...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:55 am

chivracq wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:26 pm
Ah...!, good...!, you've opened a (parallel) Thread on our Forum after your Thread on SOF from yesterday...:
- Do older versions of iMacros have “file access extension” to use .CSV?

Hum..., you got "a bit lucky" @OP I had not noticed you had also opened a Duplicate more or less (for SOF) on SOF after my Comment in your (original) Thread, that opening that kind of Threads on SOF was a bit useless, and that you only opened this current Thread on our Forum not following my Comment/Sugg but only because that Duplicate got put "On Hold" because being "Off-Topic" for SOF, which I completely agree... :roll:

- How i can download Old version for Chrome iMacros? No download link in WIKI [EDITED] [on hold]

Hum, 1st time I think I agree on an iMacros Thread/Qt being put On-Hold and soon Closed on SOF, ah-ah...! :oops:
That usually happens from some SOF User(s) with a few 1000's Rep-Points who don't know anything about iMacros and lock the Thread/Qt as "Off-Topic" because the User/Asker chose too many Tags trying to reach as many People as possible and "their" main Tag (of Expertise) doesn't "really" fit... :roll:
(Just like your 'google-chrome' + 'patch' Tags are useless @OP, simply mention your FCI..., which is missing on SOF, while you mentioned it here in this Thread, knowing you wouldn't get any Answer otherwise... OK, fair enough, but you won't "fool me" again a next time... :wink: )

And they (high-ranking Rep-Users) always prefer to lock the Thread instead of simply removing that faulty Tag(s)... I guess they probably get more Rep-Points from doing so, I don't know, but I've noticed it quite several times, and "they" never react when I comment that the Thread/Qt is not Off-Topic for the 'iMacros' Tag... :shock:

But everything on SOF only turns about Rep-Points anyway and "fake" Reputation/Expertise, main Reason actually why I don't like that Site... :shock:
I think it took me about 2 or 3 years to just reach 50 Pts to be able to post a simple Comment to a Qt, as each time I was asking a User to mention their FCI and they didn't like it, they would downvote all my previous Answers, ah-ah...!
At some "point", I had to play a very strategic Game by deleting several of my Answers (that were the correct and perfect Answer and Solution but most Users on the 'iMacros' Tag are new and rarely "accept" Answers, if they don't delete themselves their Qt once they have their Solution) in order to reach those 50 Pts...! Tja..., a bit pathetic...! :roll:

>>>

But OK @OP, I saw you edited your previous Reply to remove the "unnecessary" Quote part(s), Thanks for that, any Progress otherwise on which Version you are going to use...?

And like I said, you want 'File-Access' to be able to use a '.CSV' as a DataSource, but there are several Alternatives, about 4 or 5. I think..., hum 5 or 6..., and I''ll find some more if I get "Thinking", ah-ah...! :idea:
sebaa

Post by sebaa » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:44 pm

Good morning chivracq!
Thanks again for taking so long to answer my questions!

About the other forum, I do not know the rules of the other forum (it was wrong of me not to read them) and I did not know that of the tags, I thought that we had to put 5 yes or yes and of course I also visualized you more but I did not think that it was something "forbidden" otherwise I would only have put imacros and patch or maybe csv to be more specific, thanks for the correction although you may not use it anymore for what you told me earlier.

--->

Of course, my goal is to extract information from .csv and enter it on websites such as "wordpress" but only with the CHROME browser.

Download all the old versions of iMacros for Chrome, I installed and uninstalled one by one but they all said the same thing "Install file access support first"

Therefore all versions ask me for that file and it doesn't work.

I tried in Chrome Portable
Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (32 bits)
He is the one I could find ...
Version 10 of iMacros, which I read before gave access to .csv files, does not work either ...

Also for my part I am learning from iMacros and I do it to continue learning about this great tool.

Are there more than 5 ways to have "File Access" to get information from .CSV ?? with Free licence?

Please could you tell me what they are and how do I access the .csv to put information from a .csv to a website?

Thanks very much!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:38 pm

Posting on behalf of some Fake User and I don't want to approve their Post, but the Content is still a little bit "legit and relevant", and the Link contains indeed some DL Links for older Versions of iMacros... (until 2013), => mostly about iMB [v7-v9] from a quick Check... and I didn't know the Site...

Post by jashuabasset » 06/07/2021 - 12:18
Post awaiting approval: [=> Won't be approved, ah-ah...! :P ]

I hope you are not looking for the old version of iMacros yet and if you're still looking for older versions of iMacros I think you should check it out here. https://imacros.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions
Because here are all the older versions of iMacros
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:31 pm

For Info, I'm asking the Forum Admin to lock this Thread as it regularly attracts "Fake" Users (like the User from the previous Post indeed btw..., whose Account got deleted "since"...) with fake/false or completely unrelated Information... :roll:

And the original Thread was from 2 years ago, and about v8.4.4 for CR, when v10.0.x for CR was released with the 'Free'/'PE' Licensing Model introduced at that time...

>>>

If anybody is looking for a specific (older) Version of iMacros for CR (or any other Browser supported by iMacros, but all "important"/stable older Versions of iMacros for FF can be downloaded directly from the Wiki btw), you can better open a New Thread... (in the 'Installation and Licensing' Sub-Forum, where I'm btw also asking the Forum Admin to move this Thread to...).

And don't forget to read the Forum Rules on how to post "correctly" on our Forum...! :idea:

>>>

EDIT [2021-07-16]: Alright, I moved already the Thread to the 'Installation' Sub-Forum where it belongs... :|
... Only waiting now for the Forum Admin to lock the Thread... (I cannot do it myself...)