iMacros for Firefox (An unexpected error occurred during installation)

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
marius09

iMacros for Firefox (An unexpected error occurred during installation)

Post by marius09 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:57 am

Hi All

During installation i have error "An unexpected error occurred during installation" in browser console i see fail "Unexpected error after having received onOperationCancelled event Error: "Addon not found"

Windows 10 Pro, Firefox 68.5.0 esr but i have tried on other version like 73.0.1, etc

Generally I was using this addons many time but yesterday something was wrong. The addon was unactived. So I have reinstalled browser and removed firefox and mozilla values from regedit. Unfortunatelly it wasn't worked :(

Somebody can help me please ? What should i do to install it /
Last edited by Tom, Tech Support on Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correct spelling of Firefox in subject
iMacrosTeam

Re: iMacros for Firefox (An unexpected error occurred during installation)

Post by iMacrosTeam » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi marius09,

Our QA team tests iMacros with the latest Firefox prior to each new release of the browser and they did not find any problems with Firefox 73.0.1.

I just did a fresh/new install myself with Firefox 73.0.1 and did not have any problem installing the iMacros add-on.

Would you please tell me the language and architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) of Firefox that you are using.
marius09

Post by marius09 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:16 pm

Hi

Thank You for reply. Of course I delivery information.

I'm using now Firefox 68.5.0esr (64-bit), language English but version of Firefox isn't important in my opinion because yesterday I was trying on three version.

and 62

The problem in my opinion is located with addons and removed procedure. Maybe not all was removed during unistalling process. How can i removed it manually ?
iMacrosTeam

Post by iMacrosTeam » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:41 pm

Look in your %appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profileName>\extensions folder and make sure the following file is not there:

{81BF1D23-5F17-408D-AC6B-BD6DF7CAF670}.xpi

You may also want to try creating a new Firefox user profile and install iMacros into the new profile. Navigate to about:profiles and click the Create a New Profile button to create a new profile.
marius09

Post by marius09 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:57 pm

This problem can be close. The reason was located out of imacros. I'm using it on job computer and secure department policies was blocking imacros. When I ask him to remove Imacros from black list it started work again.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm

marius09 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:57 pm
This problem can be close. The reason was located out of imacros. I'm using it on job computer and secure department policies was blocking imacros. When I ask him to remove Imacros from black list it started work again.

Hi marius09,

Thanks for the update and sharing this information with the rest of the community! It may help other users who experience a similar issue.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:45 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:24 pm
marius09 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:57 pm

Hi marius09,

Thanks for the update and sharing this information with the rest of the community! It may help other users who experience a similar issue.

Yep indeed, good "to know", and useful for other Users... :D
(Even if I "had to ask" a few times to get that Update, ah-ah...! :wink: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...