Need guidance related to best version of iMacros to download.

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
yeto

Need guidance related to best version of iMacros to download.

Post by yeto » Tue May 19, 2020 8:24 pm

Windows 10 (English)
Firefox Browser 54.0.1 (64-bit)

I need to be able to click X, Y coordinates, wait approximately 10 seconds and click a different X, Y coordinate. I also need for the script to loop. If I have done my homework correctly I think I need an older version of iMacros. Which older version of iMacros would work best for me and where would be the best place to download this version?

I am new at this so any help/guidance would be very helpful related to browsers, versions, etc.,
yeto
chivracq

Re: Need guidance related to best version of iMacros to download.

Post by chivracq » Tue May 19, 2020 9:06 pm

yeto wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:24 pm

Code: Select all

Windows 10 (English)
I need to be able to click X, Y coordinates, wait approximately 10 seconds and click a different X, Y coordinate. I also need for the script to loop. If I have done my homework correctly I think I need an older version of iMacros. Which older version of iMacros would work best for me and where would be the best place to download this version?

I am new at this so any help/guidance would be very helpful related to browsers, versions, etc.,
yeto

The 1st pinned Thread (about "Where to find iMacros for FF Legacy Versions") in the 'Installation and Licensing' Sub-Forum (where your Thread will probably be moved to as well) gives exactly the Answer(s) you are looking for... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
yeto

Post by yeto » Tue May 19, 2020 9:44 pm

chivracq wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:06 pm
yeto wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:24 pm

Windows 10 (English)

yeto

The 1st pinned Thread (about "Where to find iMacros for FF Legacy Versions") in the 'Installation and Licensing' Sub-Forum (where your Thread will probably be moved to as well) gives exactly the Answer(s) you are looking for... :idea:
Windows 10 (English)
IMacros version: 8.9.6

Downloaded the 8.9.6 version and everything seems to be working fine so far. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to help,
yeto
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue May 19, 2020 9:54 pm

yeto wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:44 pm

Windows 10 (English)
IMacros version: 8.9.6
Downloaded the 8.9.6 version and everything seems to be working fine so far. Thank you for your help.

yeto

You don't "need" to quote yourself again when you post, this doesn't really help for Readability, especially in long Threads...

Hum, OK, v8.9.6 for FF will indeed work in FF54, but I wonder where you downloaded it from...?, as it is not offered as a Direct Download Link from the 'iMacros for FF Legacy' Wiki-Page...? :?

Recommended/Stable Version would be v8.9.7 for FF anyway, rather than v8.9.6... :?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
yeto

Post by yeto » Wed May 20, 2020 10:31 am

chivracq wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:54 pm

You don't "need" to quote yourself again when you post, this doesn't really help for Readability, especially in long Threads...

Hum, OK, v8.9.6 for FF will indeed work in FF54, but I wonder where you downloaded it from...?, as it is not offered as a Direct Download Link from the 'iMacros for FF Legacy' Wiki-Page...? :?

Recommended/Stable Version would be v8.9.7 for FF anyway, rather than v8.9.6... :?
My bad. It is v8.9.7.
Downloaded from here: https://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fi ... on_History

Again, thank you for all your help,
yeto
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed May 20, 2020 12:30 pm

yeto wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:31 am
My bad. It is v8.9.7.
Downloaded from here: https://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fi ... on_History

Again, thank you for all your help,
yeto

Ah...!, alright, that explains then.., and you then have the "correct"/"best" Version... 8)

Would you ever need to update FF, iMacros for FF v8.9.7 works until FF56 (but some Functionality got broken), last fully Functional Version is FF v55.0.3, which was just 1 Version after your FF54, while FF is "now" (May 2020) at FF76, which only supports iMacros for FF v10.0.2 ('Free'/'PE') which is not Free anymore if you want the "full" Functionality... But that v10.0.2 for FF is very limited compared to v8.9.7... :oops:

But v8.9.7 for FF also (still) works on "modern" and up-to-date Browsers forked on FF but that didn't adopt the 'WebExtensions' Architecture like 'Pale Moon' (v28) or 'Basilisk' (v2020) for example...
yeto

Post by yeto » Wed May 20, 2020 1:11 pm

chivracq wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:30 pm

Ah...!, alright, that explains then.., and you then have the "correct"/"best" Version... 8)

Would you ever need to update FF, iMacros for FF v8.9.7 works until FF56 (but some Functionality got broken), last fully Functional Version is FF v55.0.3, which was just 1 Version after your FF54, while FF is "now" (May 2020) at FF76, which only supports iMacros for FF v10.0.2 ('Free'/'PE') which is not Free anymore if you want the "full" Functionality... But that v10.0.2 for FF is very limited compared to v8.9.7... :oops:

But v8.9.7 for FF also (still) works on "modern" and up-to-date Browsers forked on FF but that didn't adopt the 'WebExtensions' Architecture like 'Pale Moon' (v28) or 'Basilisk' (v2020) for example...
Thank you. This is great information to have for future reference.

yeto