Browser addin for IE 11 on Windows 10

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
databasepro

Browser addin for IE 11 on Windows 10

Post by databasepro » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:59 pm

I have been using the Imacros browser extension for Internet Explorer on Windows 7 for many years. I have basically one macro that I run and it works perfectly.

I now have a new computer running Windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11. I installed the 64 bit browser extension for Internet Explorer 11. I let it create a directory and install the demo files. I also enabled IMacros browser helper.

When I open IE 11 and then click on the Imacros icon for the sidebar, I see the demo folder. However, i cannot open the demo folder. nor do I see my macros which are in that folder. I have tried installing the macros in a different directory and then changing the path. I cannot see my custom macros either.

Can anyone help me figure out why Imacros cannot see any of my macros demo or otherwise?

also does Imacros browser extension for IE 11 have the same functionality as Imacros for IE in Windows 7? or is it further limited.

Thank you in advance. I apologize if this is answered somewhere else already but I could not find it.
chivracq

Re: Browser addin for IE 11 on Windows 10

Post by chivracq » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:14 am

databasepro wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:59 pm
I have been using the Imacros browser extension for Internet Explorer on Windows 7 for many years. I have basically one macro that I run and it works perfectly.

I now have a new computer running Windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11. I installed the 64 bit browser extension for Internet Explorer 11. I let it create a directory and install the demo files. I also enabled IMacros browser helper.

When I open IE 11 and then click on the Imacros icon for the sidebar, I see the demo folder. However, i cannot open the demo folder. nor do I see my macros which are in that folder. I have tried installing the macros in a different directory and then changing the path. I cannot see my custom macros either.

Can anyone help me figure out why Imacros cannot see any of my macros demo or otherwise?

also does Imacros browser extension for IE 11 have the same functionality as Imacros for IE in Windows 7? or is it further limited.

Thank you in advance. I apologize if this is answered somewhere else already but I could not find it.

Hum..., "securing" this Post as some New Users try to post in this Thread... :o
(I'm nearly impressed actually, ah-ah...!, because @OP, I still haven't "really" read your Post, because FCI not mentioned "clearly", and I knew @TechSup would get a Notif about it and would probably answer it...)

>>>

=> @OP, could your mention your FCI a bit clearly, at the very top of your OP...?
(Reason I didn't react "earlier", I had seen your Thread when you had opened it, but "too much hassle" to go fishing in your Post what your FCI is..., sorry...! :( )
And FCI not clear to me, => I don't read the Post, and certainly don't answer to help... :wink:

But OK, if you mention your FCI a bit clearly, I will have a Look at it..., and maybe answer it... :wink:

>>>

+ Your Username sounds very "Arrogant", I'm always a bit "reluctant" towards Users calling themselves stg + "Pro"/"Guru"/"Best", whatever..., ah-ah..., just saying...!
But OK..., always willing to "super"-help Professionals, so I had checked your last Thread, ... which had/has a fairly useless Thread Title, = Non-Descriptive, doesn't feel "Pro" at all, ah-ah...! :roll: , one (more) Reason for me not to help... :(
(And I stopped there, I didn't even check the previous Threads, oops...!)

You have only one e-Rep on Internet, so choose your Username on Tech Forums "carefully"... :idea:

>>>

Posting the Post from the "New User", is probably Fake", just trying to bypass Forum Approval..., but OK, anyway, ah-ah...!:
Oh oops, no, better not, ah-ah...!, the User is indeed completely Fake, notorious Spammer...
Fake User wrote:Have you tried using Edge? Maybe it will work better there.
>>>

Hum, and mini ++ Comment, @TechSup did get some Notif when that Thread had been opened, but apparently didn't reply..., => maybe an Idea indeed to mention your FCI "clearly" and to "reformulate" your OP and your Qt... :idea:

I'm usually @TechSup's "Eyes" on the Forum to tell them at which Threads to have a Look, (if I cannot answer them), but if I don't get "motivated" to read the Thread, no Chance I will ping @TechSup to have a Look at it, ah-ah...! :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:37 am

Hum, not much Follow-up since my previous Post, hum..., less than 24h ago + WE, OK...

So OK, I went on and read your OP, => @OP, fouff, had to read several times indeed to understand your Scenario, no "Wonder" @TechSup never reacted to it, tja...!

But OK, from "new computer running Windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11. I installed the 64 bit browser extension for Internet Explorer 11.", I understand that your FCI probably is, even if your iMacros Version is still missing...:
=< Probable FCI:

Code: Select all

iMacros for IE v12.6 'Free', IE11, Win10.
+ Big Qt about the iMacros Version, the most important part, ah-ah...!
(To be honest, I don't really get it, already joined the Forum 14 years ago, you were probably one of the first 1000 Users on the Forum, should be able to answer all Threads on the Forum by now, for sure with "Pro" in the Username, ah-ah...!), I'm surprised "nobody" ever "spanked" you for the (Low) Quality of your Posts/Threads apparently... :o )

And of course previous FCI also not mentioned, but all "New" 'Free' Versions for IE/CR/FF now come "Limited" and only support Macros run from Bookmarklet, and not as '.iim' File anymore...
Although, I'm not completely sure if that indeed applies to IE (with v12.6 'Free'), as for iMacros v10.0.x for FF/CR, some additional FIO Module is now needed to access '.iim' Files, + also needed for the 'SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT' + '!DATASOURCE' Commands to work, but those 2 Commands are still supported in v12.6 for IE 'Free'... (And I don't use that Version, so I don't know and can't confirm..., will need @TechSup for Explanation...)

=> "Easy" Solution: Figure out which FCI/Version you are "now" using on the "New" Computer, and which FCI/Version on the "Old" Computer, probably the same IE Version on both, and OS => Win7/Win10 shouldn't (really) play a Role, and reinstall the same Version you were using on Win7, I would say..., especially if v12.6 for IE indeed only supports Macros as Bookmarklets...

>>>

Thus hum, both FCI's not very clear + reply to all my (indirect) Qt's for me to ping @TechSup to have a Look at your Thread...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:24 am

databasepro wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:59 pm

Hi databasedpro,

As chivracq not-so-gently pointed out, it would help if you post your full configuration information (aka, FCI). You can easily obtain this from iMacros for IE by clicking the person/account icon on the iMacros sidebar and then click the Troubleshooting button and copy-paste the provided information.

iMacros for IE is able to read/write macro files even with the free version (unlike iMacros for Chrome and Firefox that require an additional File Access module). However, be aware that the modern free version of iMacros has some limitations and you may need a Personal Edition license to obtain the same functionality as previously, depending on what you need iMacros to do.

I see no reason that a new install of iMacros for IE on a Windows 10 machine would not display any of the macro files, so it sounds like there is some sort of machine-specific configuration issue.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
databasepro

Post by databasepro » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:15 am

Hi Tom,

Thank you for replying. I ignored the condescending remarks from the other person who responded. Totally not helpful.

Here is the information from my installation of Imacros. I might add that I have now installed the Personal Edition of Imacros since I made the last post. But nothing has changed as far as being able to see any macros, including the sample macros.

Thank you again for your kind and courteous assistance.

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Microsoft Windows NT 6.3.9600.0
64-bit Operating System
Installed UI Culture: English (United States)
CLR version 4.0.30319.42000
Internet Explorer version 11.959.18362.0
Enhanced Protected Mode = False, 64-bit processes for EPM = False
iMacros Sidebar for Internet Explorer (x64) version 12.5.2018.1105
Licensed Product: iMacros Personal Edition
License Type: Perpetual
Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iMacros File Access version 10.0.2.1446
Path: C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Programs\iMacros\
iMacros Fx&Cr Connector [iimFxCrConnector.dll] version 3.0.0.48
iMacros Fx&Cr scripting messaging host [nm.exe] version 3.0.0.48
Auxiliary Libraries:
iMacros Direct Screen [iimds.dll] version 12.0.0.19
iMacros Fx&Cr Image Recognition (x86) [iimIRm.dll] version 12.0.503.8173
iMacros Image Recognition (x86) [ImageRecognitionLibrary.dll] version 12.0.503.8173
iMacros Dialog Manager (x86) [imsys.dll] version 12.5.503.8802
iMacros Fx&Cr Image Recognition (x86) [iimIRm.dll] version 12.0.503.8173
iMacros Direct Screen [iimds.dll] version 12.0.0.19
iMacros Fx&Cr Image Recognition (x64) [iimIRm.dll] version 12.0.503.8173
iMacros Image Recognition (x64) [ImageRecognitionLibrary.dll] version 12.0.503.8173
iMacros Dialog Manager (x86) [imsys.dll] version 12.5.2018.1105
iMacros Fx&Cr Image Recognition (x64) [iimIRm.dll] version 12.0.503.8173
Scripting Interface Libraries:
iMacros Scripting Connector (x86) [iimConnector.dll] version 12.0.5.163
iMacros Scripting Connector (x64) [iimConnector64.dll] version 12.0.5.163
User Settings:
FolderLogs = \\Mac\Home\Documents\iMacros\Logs
FolderDownloads = \\Mac\Home\Documents\iMacros\Downloads
EncryptionPasswordMode = No
FolderDataSources = \\Mac\Home\Documents\iMacros\DataSources
TimeoutPage = 60
FolderMacros = \\Mac\Home\Documents\iMacros\Macros
InterfaceType =
LicenseKey = C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Ipswitch\iMacros\iMacrosLicense.txt
InstalledSamples = True
databasepro

Post by databasepro » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:27 am

and one more thing....

when installing the personal edition of Imacros, I receive this message:

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3

I have tried a number of solutions but so far none have worked.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:46 am

databasepro wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:15 am
I ignored the condescending remarks from the other person who responded. Totally not helpful.

Yep, fair enough, sorry about that... :oops: , but you are in good hands now... :wink:
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:16 am

databasepro wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:27 am
and one more thing....

when installing the personal edition of Imacros, I receive this message:

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3

I have tried a number of solutions but so far none have worked.
Oh that is a very significant and important detail! I just responded to your post in the Progress Community, where I provided instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling iMacros. Let us know, either here or there or both, whether you are still getting this error message when attempting to install.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
databasepro

Post by databasepro » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:18 pm

Hi Tom, thanks for staying with me on this.

Here is what I have done since your reply:
1) Completely uninstalled all Imacros references.
2) Uninstalled all Visual C++ redistributables.
3) Restarted the computer.
4) Downloaded the Imacros executable you recommended.
5) Installed Imacros as you recommended but still getting the message : Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3. On this, I clicked “Ignore” since no other way to move forward.
6) Installed the example files on start up of Imacros sidebar.
7) The Imacros sidebar still showing Demo and Demo Chrome folders but cannot see any macros. If I look at the path for the macros, I cannot see any macros there either. However, the macros are definitely there.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:38 pm

I'll contact you directly to setup a remote troubleshooting session.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
databasepro

Post by databasepro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Thank you so much. That would be great
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Crehose » 16/08/2020 - 02:48

Post awaiting approval:
databasepro wrote: ↑
12/08/2020 - 15:49
Thank you so much. That would be great
Were you able to fix it?

Hum, I "nearly" approved this Post from this funny "Twitter Ninja" (= stupid Spammer! 8) :roll: ) as an "Inside-Joke", but yep, I guess "I" and the Forum Community would also be interested in (a Summary of) the Solution when this Case is solved...?

=> As the only (recent) previous similar Case was solved by the User drastically completely reinstalling their OS (WinServer 2012 SR2)... (+ Other Cases/Threads are from 2009 and before, all on WinXP...)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:27 pm

Mini-Bump of this Thread..., => @Tom as you are today a bit Online on the Forum for this 'Installation & Licensing' Thread, any chance you could post/share the Solution/Explanation for this current Thread...? :idea:
I would be "interested" like I had already asked, and other Users probably... :wink:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:35 am

chivracq wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:27 pm
... and other Users probably... :wink:

And yep indeed, didn't take long, ah-ah...!:
- Re: iMacros has stopeed working on Chrome
Same "Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3" Error...
(User on " iMacros file Access 10.1.0.1465" though, against "iMacros File Access version 10.0.2.1446" in this current Thread...)
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:58 am

Sorry, I did mean to post an update here some time ago but forgot. We got things working again with this customer, but quite honestly, it was such a convoluted and oddball case that we couldn't pin-point the exact cause or what fixed it specifically. If I recall correctly, I think a major contributor to the issue was that the customer's macro folders were pointing to a shared/mapped drive on the host machine (they were running iMacros inside of a Windows VM on a Mac). Once we changed the folders to be local on the guest machine, then we had a breakthrough.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support