File Access Problem on Chrome

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
fiedorukpiotr

File Access Problem on Chrome

Post by fiedorukpiotr » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:34 am

Hello,

I have a problem with activating my iMacros licence. The first time I installed file access everything was ok, but now I have 'IO File Access needed' error.
-When checking in iMacros settings I have message that file access is not installed. Installing it again is not helping.
-Also, every time when I'm accessing 'Activate iMacros licence' from my computer menu it tells me I have free edition. When I enter licence key it says ok and licence changes from 'free' to 'personal', but I still get the error message.

Any thoughts?

VERSION BUILD=1005 Personal Edition
Version 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 Enterprise v1809
Tom, Tech Support

Re: File Access Problem on Chrome

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:48 am

Hi Fiedoruk,

After activating your license, a license file is created and stored on your machine in the folder %localappdata%\Ipswitch\iMacros.

If this file gets deleted or moved, then iMacros will think you are still using the free version. Is it possible that this file or folder is getting removed from your computer automatically because of some other process or administrative setting?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
fiedorukpiotr

Post by fiedorukpiotr » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:59 pm

Hi Tom,
Thank you for your reply,
The file is still there. Do you know what else might cause this issue?
Piotr
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:25 pm

Hi Piotr,

If the file exists in that location and yet iMacros still does not recognize the license, it may be that the file is not readable in that location for some reason.

Try moving the iMacrosFileAccessLicense.txt file to a new location, e.g. create a new folder C:\iMacrosLicense

Then you will need to update the Windows registry so that iMacros knows where to find the file. Use the Windows menu/search to open Registry Editor and then navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ipswitch\iMacros

Double-click the LicenseKey entry and change it to C:\iMacrosLicense\iMacrosFileAccessLicense.txt

Close all instances of Chrome and then try iMacros again.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
fiedorukpiotr

Post by fiedorukpiotr » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:30 pm

Hi Tom,

Thank you again for your reply. I have followed your instructions and triple-checked everything. No luck.
We have right file and path - what else might be causing this problem?

Regards,

Piotr
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:44 pm

My 2cts:
Try disabling (temporarily) Profile/Device Synchronization in the 'Chrome' Settings, and to check your "other" Device(s) that might also get synced... :idea:

The 'PE' License can also only be used/activated on one Device/PC at the time, ... I think... This could also happen if the same 'PE' License was "given" to you by your IT-Dept, but they also gave it (by Mistake or not) to some other User within your Company, and you and the other User are both "fighting" to use the same License... (Can be checked from your Ipswitch/Progress Portal, I think...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
fiedorukpiotr

Post by fiedorukpiotr » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:11 pm

Thank you chivracq for your reply,

I really appreciate your help,

I had my sync turned off and tried using macros while logged out too.
The licence could not be used anywhere else.

Is there another reason why iMacros won't see the licence?

Regards,

Piotr
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:27 pm

fiedorukpiotr wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:11 pm

Regards,

Piotr

Yeah well, then I don't really know, I don't use all those ('PE'/'Pro'/'Enterprise') Versions myself, so I never had a "Chance" to "play" with them, apart from decompiling once the 'FIO' '.exe' Module needed for Local File-Access and activating a 'PE' License, but that was 2 years ago when v10.0.2 for FF was in Beta-Testing Phase (+ v10.0.1 for CR at that time), but I otherwise only use the 'Free' (older) Versions and mostly on FF. (I don't like CR as a Browser...)

Then @TechSup will follow up tomorrow... I was just giving my "2cts", in case "you never know", ah-ah...! (It's 00h25 now in Europe...) :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:10 am

chivracq wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:44 pm
My 2cts:
Try disabling (temporarily) Profile/Device Synchronization in the 'Chrome' Settings, and to check your "other" Device(s) that might also get synced... :idea:

The 'PE' License can also only be used/activated on one Device/PC at the time, ... I think... This could also happen if the same 'PE' License was "given" to you by your IT-Dept, but they also gave it (by Mistake or not) to some other User within your Company, and you and the other User are both "fighting" to use the same License... (Can be checked from your Ipswitch/Progress Portal, I think...)
Nice suggestion chivracq, however, the license is not connected directly to the browser in any way and is therefore unaffected by synchronization.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:13 am

fiedorukpiotr wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:11 pm

Regards,

Piotr
Hi Piotr,

I assume you are running a Polish version of Windows, is that correct? I will request some additional information from you directly via email.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:31 pm

Good news everyone... we solved Piotr's issue. It turns out that the system time on his laptop was not correct. So, if you are experiencing a similar problem with your iMacros license, please make sure your computer's date and time are up-to-date!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:36 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:31 pm
Good news everyone... we solved Piotr's issue. It turns out that the system time on his laptop was not correct. So, if you are experiencing a similar problem with your iMacros license, please make sure your computer's date and time are up-to-date!

Ouf-ouf..., that's a "sneaky" one, ah-ah...! :twisted:

Alright, good to know, and Thanks for sharing the Solution/Explanation @Tom... :D
fiedorukpiotr

Post by fiedorukpiotr » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:00 am

Thanks for all your help guys!

Especially Tom, who took his time to contact me to try and resolve the issue!

Piotr