is there any other deactivate way?

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sitardvw

is there any other deactivate way?

Post by sitardvw » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi everyone,

My friend and i both bought your personal edition working on windows 10(Chinese). Yesterday he can't start his computer.
He plans to buy a new computer, but doesn't know how to move license without deactivating license.
is there another way? please tell us.

thank you.
because we're not good at English, it's hard to read many posts.
Sorry if you've answered same problem. plz help us.
Last edited by sitardvw on Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: is there any other disactivate way?

Post by chivracq » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:10 pm

sitardvw wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:39 pm
Hi everyone,
My friend and I both bought Personal Edition
he can't open his computer again to disactivate his sequence number, so he can't use imacros on his new computer.
is there any other disactivate way?

can anyone help us? thanks.

I think this is covered in this FAQ Section:
- 2.16 Q: How do I deactivate my iMacros license in order to e.g. move it to another machine?
=> ... With Step 4 applying to your Case, I would think...:
4. Deactivate it within the Customer Portal. If you don't have access to the machine, you can still deactivate the license by logging into your portal account, finding the license on the My Products page and clicking the Deactivate icon (see screenshot for this FAQ).
Hum..., the 'Customer Portal' Link redirects from an 'Ipswitch' Address to a "New Progress Community" Page, and hum, I wouldn't be "sure" where to go from there, ah-ah...! :?

But OK, see if that helps already..., and otherwise, @TechSup should get some Automatic Notification about your Thread and will further help you I reckon, but hum, already 16h now in Europe, they might react only after the WE maybe...
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
sitardvw

Re: is there any other deactivate way?

Post by sitardvw » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:13 pm

We'll try it, thanks so much!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:17 pm

sitardvw wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:13 pm
We'll try it, thanks so much!

OK, good "Luck", and post an Update if it "works", ... or not..., and @TechSup will then take over once they notice your Thread... I'm not very knowledgeable with Licensing Issues as I only use the 'Free' Versions myself... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:38 pm

And...?, any Update/Follow-up, 4 days later...!? :P

Did you/your Friend manage to deactivate his/her License through the Ipswitch/Progress Portal...? :?:
+ To reactivate it on the "New" Computer/Laptop...? :?:

>>>

If you still need some Help, I reckon @TechSup will probably be able to deactivate that License from their Admin Interface, but I "think" they will need the Email Address that was used to buy/register for that 'PE' License, and I guess that will probably be your Friend's Email Address...

In order to give that Email Address to @TechSup, your Friend could also create an Account on the Forum using the same Address they used for the License and post some mini-Update in this Thread, and @TechSup will be able to make the "Connection" on the Email Address... :idea:
... Or you can "fake"-report any Post from this Thread, then you'll get some 'Comment' Text Field where you can mention that Email Address of your Friend, and only @TechSup and myself (I'm the only Moderator on the Forum) can see the Content of your "Report"... :idea: