Using iMacros 12.6 and 2021 on same server

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mbarrachina

Using iMacros 12.6 and 2021 on same server

Post by mbarrachina » Thu May 13, 2021 9:58 pm

Hi iMacros team,

we are using for a very long time iMacros (iopus times :). I downloaded the new iMacros Version from our cutomer portal and as it is possible to installl both versions in parallel i am wondering if the same license is used for both? I am able to install the new version but no recording functionality is possible? How is here the licensing process?

What can I do?
Bild_2021-05-13_235753.png
Thanks & KR,
Manuel Barrachina
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Using iMacros 12.6 and 2021 on same server

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon May 17, 2021 7:29 am

Hi Manuel,

It appears the version you installed/activated uses a Player license. That is why the recording functionality is disabled.

Please describe the steps you used to download and install iMacros 2021.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
mbarrachina

Post by mbarrachina » Mon May 17, 2021 12:40 pm

Hi Tom,

yes, you were copletely right. After installing the software on licensed 12.6 server Version 2021 works fine.

Some additional questions:
- Does it mean that this new iMacros 2021 is a replacement for 12.6 or is it only an addtion?
- Is there all the functionality in this new Version like we had in 12.6 (Enterprise Edition)?
- I haven't seen so much info about this new version. Where can we find it?

Thank you so much,
Manuel
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri May 21, 2021 12:19 pm

Hi Manuel,

Sorry for the late reply. The official announcements for iMacros 2021went out on Tuesday of this week. You can find the release notes here.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
speedz84

Post by speedz84 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:25 pm

Tom,

I have a license for iMacros 12.5 so to update to the 2021 version is not free and you have to pay $99 again? I checked my Progress community account and it's only allowing to download the 12.5 version and in order to get the 2021 version you have to pay $99 which does not make any sense at all.

Can you clarify this with the team on what to do and how to upgrade to the 2021 version from 12.5 without having to pay?

I followed the instructions to visit my Progress Community download section "Product Downloads" and it only allows me to download 'iMacros v12.5 64-bit"
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:40 am

Hi speedz,

If I'm not mistaken, the Personal Edition does not include a service agreement, which typically covers technical support and upgrades. But please don't shoot the messenger here, and to be absolutely sure you should reach out to a sales representative:

https://www.progress.com/company/contact?s=imacros
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support