Personal edition device limit?

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
lilmacro999

Personal edition device limit?

Post by lilmacro999 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:01 pm

Hi, I was wondering how many devices could I have my personal edition activated on concurrently? I saw an old forum post that said that it was 5 users, but when I went to try to activate it on a second device it didn't work. If it's one user per license, would I have to purchase another personal edition license to activate another device?
chivracq

Re: Personal edition device limit?

Post by chivracq » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:18 pm

lilmacro999 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:01 pm
Hi, I was wondering how many devices could I have my personal edition activated on concurrently? I saw an old forum post that said that it was 5 users, but when I went to try to activate it on a second device it didn't work. If it's one user per license, would I have to purchase another personal edition license to activate another device?

From those 2 FAQ Items, it sounds to me like you can use 1 Machine/Device at the time...:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
lilmacro999

Post by lilmacro999 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:08 pm

chivracq wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:18 pm
lilmacro999 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:01 pm

From those 2 FAQ Items, it sounds to me like you can use 1 Machine/Device at the time...:
So, in order for me to run multiple machines I'd have to purchase a personal license for each machine?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:18 pm

lilmacro999 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:08 pm
So, in order for me to run multiple machines I'd have to purchase a personal license for each machine?

This is what it "sounds" to me indeed, if you want the different Machines to have Scripts running at the same time, as the 'PE' License can only be activated on 1 Machine at the same time...

But I'm not "very knowledgeable" with Licensing Issues/Qt's, you've opened your Thread in the correct Sub-Forum, so @TechSup will receive some Notification about your Thread and should give you a more "educated" Response when they will answer your Thread... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:58 am

Correct, it is one machine per license.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support