Does the IMacros support for Microsoft edge ?

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Hello2021

Does the IMacros support for Microsoft edge ?

Post by Hello2021 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:39 pm

We are using the IMacros (12.6.0.190).
Does the latest IMacros support for Microsoft edge ?
chivracq

Re: Does the IMacros support for Microsoft edge ?

Post by chivracq » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:13 pm

Hello2021 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:39 pm
We are using the IMacros (12.6.0.190).
Does the latest IMacros support for Microsoft edge ?

Hum, you could better have opened your Thread in the 'Installation & Licensing' Sub-Forum, your Thread has nothing specific to the 'iMacros for FF' one... :roll:
But OK, don't do "anything", I will move your Thread to that Sub-Forum... :wink:
[EDIT: Done...]

>

I will need to check with @TechSup, but I "would think" that the Answer to your Qt is YES, even if that's not "Official" (or I least I haven't seen that Info mentioned "anywhere"), but some User recently mentioned they were using the iMacros v10.1.1 for CR Browser Extension (CR = 'Chrome') on 'ChEdge' v92, I think..., and by "ChEdge", I mean the "New" Edge Browser from MS based on 'Chromium', so it "looks" like it's possible to use iMacros in the 'ChEdge' Browser... 8)
I say "looks" because we only have 1 Report from 1 single User, I haven't had a Chance to check by myself, and @TechSup afaik never mentioned anything about that...

And I guess that would/should also work when using the 'SI' (Scripting Interface), if you make sure to use the [ah-hum-arrgghhh-grrr-hum-not-sure-it-will-work...!!] Param I wanted to mention but which doesn't exist, ah-ah...!, for 'iimOpen()'...! :(
... => There is a 'fxPath' Param but there is no 'crPath' Param, grrr...!, only a 'crUserDataDir' Param to specify the CR-Profile to use, then OK, I don't know, you'll need to try by yourself if that Param can still "help", or if maybe, even if it's not "documented", maybe the 'crPath' Param is "silently" supported, or maybe it's possible to "misuse" the 'fxPath' Param with iMacros for CR... :idea:

I will ping @TechSup if they want to have a Look at your Thread, they will probably have more Info than me... :wink:

>

And hum..., if you want to use 'ChEdge', which is based on 'Chromium', what about using iMB v2021 then, which is also based on 'Chromium'...? :idea:

You can download a fully functional 'Trial' Version of iMB v2021 from the 'Download' Page if you want to give it a Try and do some Testing with it... :idea:
And that 'Trial' Version also contains the 'FIO' Module needed for Local File Access to get iMacros for CR v10.1.1 fully functional (like the 'PE' Version), to work also with the 'Scripting Interface'... 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Hello2021

Post by Hello2021 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:00 pm

Hi chivracq, thank you for your reply,it's helpful for me. I will test it by myself .
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:23 pm

Hi Hello2021,

It is currently possible to install iMacros for Chrome inside Edge, although there is no official support from the iMacros team for this at this time. Full support will be provided once an official iMacros for Edge extension is released (TBD).

Limitations of using iMacros for Chrome in Edge:
  1. It will not recognize your iMacros license (if you have one) unless you also have the Chrome browser installed (iMacros does not need to be installed in Chrome)
  2. Related to the above, file access - the ability to access macro files on disk by clicking the FILES tab in the iMacros sidebar - is not available unless Chrome is installed
  3. You cannot script iMacros for Chrome running in Edge using the iMacros Enterprise scripting interface.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support