Installing browser extension in Windows 11

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
databasepro

Installing browser extension in Windows 11

Post by databasepro » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:48 pm

I own a license for Imacros personal edition for Windows. I recently upgraded to Windows 11. Internet Explorer is no longer supported in Windows 11 but there is an Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge in Windows 11.

My question: has anyone been successful in enabling the personal edition browser extension in Microsoft Edge using IE mode?

If not, how can I run Imacros personal edition in Windows 11? Will lengthy macros run in Chrome? I have never been successful in getting my macros to run in Chrome.

I hope I do not have to buy the professional edition.

Thanks in advance.
databasepro

Re: Installing browser extension in Windows 11

Post by databasepro » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:53 pm

I was able to get my macros to run in Windows 11 using the Chrome browser after I downloaded the trial version of IMacros. I will have to find out if I have to upgrade my older version of the Personal Edition in order for this to work. But for now, the Windows 11 and Chrome problem seems to be resolved.