File Access Problem on Chrome

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
guti

File Access Problem on Chrome

Post by guti » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:02 am

Hello,

I have a problem with activating my iMacros licence. (( File access is not available in the freeware version. ))
-When checking in iMacros settings I have message that file access is not installed. Installing it again is not helping.
when I click on " manege imacros license " I got this message " already activated on this computer " !
Any thoughts?

VERSION / Personal Edition
Note / system time on his laptop is correct
guti

Re: File Access Problem on Chrome

Post by guti » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:08 pm

when I click on Refresh license I got this message " please check the file and folder names for the /lo command line argument.

plz give me a solution for this problem .. I uninstalled it and reinstall it many time and still the same problem ..

Version 100.0.4896.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:52 am

Hi guti,

Please provide me with your iMacros Personal Edition serial number by clicking the exclamation icon on your original forum post in order to "Report this post", and then paste the serial number into the Further Information field.

Also, please provide details about the steps you used for installing iMacros and whether you have closed all instances of Chrome and restarted Chrome since installing.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
guti

Post by guti » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:12 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:52 am
Hi guti,

Please provide me with your iMacros Personal Edition serial number by clicking the exclamation icon on your original forum post in order to "Report this post", and then paste the serial number into the Further Information field.

Also, please provide details about the steps you used for installing iMacros and whether you have closed all instances of Chrome and restarted Chrome since installing.
I did it and waiting for your reply.
guti

Post by guti » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:20 am

I am still waiting for you .. I have to finish my work today .. help me to solve this problem ..
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:35 am

Hi guit,

My apologies for the delay.

Please verify that the iMacros NativeMessagingHosts entries for Chrome exist in the Windows Registry and that their values are pointing to the correct location on disk:
imacros-native-messaging-hosts-registry.png
Also, make sure that there is not a software policy in effect on the machine(s) that is blocking Chrome Native Messaging Hosts. If so, you may need to explicitly allow the iMacros Native Messaging Hosts. For more information on policies blocking/allowing Native Messaging Hosts, see the following:

https://cloud.google.com/docs/chrome-en ... gBlocklist
https://cloud.google.com/docs/chrome-en ... gAllowlist

If the registry entries exist and there is no block list in effect and iMacros still does not recognize that File Access is installed, it could be due to tighter Windows Registry restrictions in effect for your Windows user account or machine. Duplicating the required registry entries to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER branch of the registry has helped some users overcome the issue. This can easily be accomplished with a registry import file by saving the following to a text file with a .reg extension, e.g. imacros-chrome-nm.reg, and then right-clicking the file and selecting Merge to import it into the registry. Make sure to restart all Chrome instances after the import.

imacros-chrome-nm.reg

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\NativeMessagingHosts]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\NativeMessagingHosts\com.ipswitch.imacros.fio]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Progress\\iMacros\\FileAccess\\Chrome.iMacros.FileAccess.json"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Google\Chrome\NativeMessagingHosts\com.ipswitch.imacros.host]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Progress\\iMacros\\FileAccess\\Chrome.iMacros.ScriptingInterface.json"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Google\Chrome\NativeMessagingHosts]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Google\Chrome\NativeMessagingHosts\com.ipswitch.imacros.fio]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Progress\\iMacros\\FileAccess\\Chrome.iMacros.FileAccess.json"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Google\Chrome\NativeMessagingHosts\com.ipswitch.imacros.host]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Progress\\iMacros\\FileAccess\\Chrome.iMacros.ScriptingInterface.json"
Last edited by Tom, Tech Support on Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added HKCU registry solution
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
guti

Post by guti » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:32 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:35 am
Hi guit,

My apologies for the delay.

Please verify that the iMacros NativeMessagingHosts entries for Chrome exist in the Windows Registry and that their values are pointing to the correct location on disk:

imacros-native-messaging-hosts-registry.png

Also, make sure that there is not a software policy in effect on the machine(s) that is blocking Chrome Native Messaging Hosts. If so, you may need to explicitly allow the iMacros Native Messaging Hosts. For more information on policies blocking/allowing Native Messaging Hosts, see the following:

https://cloud.google.com/docs/chrome-en ... gBlocklist
https://cloud.google.com/docs/chrome-en ... gAllowlist
I checked it an and it exist .. everything is ok but still the same problem ?
Can you check it for my on my windows server ?
I have to give friends a Training course .. we cant buy more licences for them until solving this problem .. So plz give me a solution or check it for me ..
I didnt have problems in the last versions ..
guti

Post by guti » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:40 am

still waiting ..
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri May 13, 2022 8:52 am

My apologies once again for the long delay in responding. :oops:

Are you still unable to use the full functionality of iMacros for Chrome?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
idrusb

Post by idrusb » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:41 am

Hello I have same problem.
I have bought a personal license.
Imacros still trial mode after activated license.
I have try online and offline activation, but still trial mode.

Please help, thanks