PERSONAL EDITION

For trouble installing the software or activating your license, please open a support case. Freeware and Personal Edition users can also post questions here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
martinuy87

PERSONAL EDITION

Post by martinuy87 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:29 pm

Hi, I just paid for the "PERSONAL EDITION" version but I can't find anywhere to download the firefox add-on. Can you help me please?

Ipswitch Order Number: 00176262
chivracq

Re: PERSONAL EDITION

Post by chivracq » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:36 pm

martinuy87 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:29 pm
Hi, I just paid for the "PERSONAL EDITION" version but I can't find anywhere to download the firefox add-on. Can you help me please?

Ipswitch Order Number: 00176262

A simple "imacros+download+firefox" Google Search yields directly the Download Link at the Firefox/Mozilla Add-ons Gallery... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
martinuy87

Post by martinuy87 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:51 pm

Thank you

It's been very confusing for me.

I have several questions.

1. When saving an image, after clicking on STOP, what name does it save it under by default? In the previous version I had, it was "current".

2. I am trying to save a code, but it tells me the following:
22-06-2022 16-47-35.jpg
I have downloaded the addon, but don't I have to insert my license somewhere?

Thanks
martinuy87

Post by martinuy87 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:57 pm

I do not see File Access for iMacros Extensions
22-06-2022 16-57-00.jpg
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:59 pm

martinuy87 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:51 pm
Thank you

It's been very confusing for me.

I have several questions.

1. When saving an image, after clicking on STOP, what name does it save it under by default? In the previous version I had, it was "current".

2. I am trying to save a code, but it tells me the following:

22-06-2022 16-47-35.jpg

I have downloaded the addon, but don't I have to insert my license somewhere?

Thanks

Ah OK, so you already have the Add-on installed (v10.1.0 for FF), and like mentioned on the Popup you are getting, you also need to install the "FIO-Module" for 'Local File Access, which will also activate your 'PE' License...

Download/Installation Instructions from the 'Webextensions' Wiki Page... (Section about "Add File Access")
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
martinuy87

Post by martinuy87 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:03 pm

martinuy87 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:57 pm
22-06-2022 16-57-00.jpg
Thanks but I don't see the option to download "File Access for iMacros Extensions", as you can see in this image :(
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:09 pm

martinuy87 wrote:

22-06-2022 16-57-00.jpg

Ah OK, you are already 1 step ahead, ah-ah...!
=> Then well, download the (latest) v14.2.4 Link offered, I would think, I'm not sure if it will download "only" the 'FIO'-Module for Local File Access, or it might install the Full iMB (iMacros Browser) v2021 (=> v14.2.4) 'Trial', but the Full Install does include the 'FIO'-Module for the 'PE' Version(s) indeed.

I'm not very knowledgeable with Installation Procedures/Issues as I don't use those 'PE' Versions myself, I "hope" @TechSup will jump into the Thread for further Help... :|
I don't find the Download and Installation Instructions very clear indeed... :?
martinuy87

Post by martinuy87 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:30 pm

chivracq wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:09 pm
martinuy87 wrote:

22-06-2022 16-57-00.jpg

Ah OK, you are already 1 step ahead, ah-ah...!
=> Then well, download the (latest) v14.2.4 Link offered, I would think, I'm not sure if it will download "only" the 'FIO'-Module for Local File Access, or it might install the Full iMB (iMacros Browser) v2021 (=> v14.2.4) 'Trial', but the Full install does include the 'FIO'-Module for the 'PE' Version(s) indeed.

I'm not very knowledgeable with Installation Procedures/Issues as I don't use those 'PE' Versions myself, I "hope" @TechSup will jump into the Thread for further Help... :|
I don't find the Download and Installation Instructions very clear indeed... :?
Hi, yes, I downloaded the latest one, and installed it. It is an external editor. But when saving in imacros addon I keep getting that error.

I don't want to use iMacros Browser, I prefer to use Firefox. Can you ask @TechSup to enter this thread? I see there is no direct quote system when mentioning "@TechSup".

Thanks
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:53 pm

martinuy87 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:30 pm
Hi, yes, I downloaded the latest one, and installed it. It is an external editor. But when saving in imacros addon I keep getting that error.

I don't want to use iMacros Browser, I prefer to use Firefox. Can you ask @TechSup to enter this thread? I see there is no direct quote system when mentioning "@TechSup".

Thanks

"external editor", => hum, Okay, strange indeed, ah-ah...! :?

I don't find those Download and Installation Instructions and Workflow in the Progress Portal very-very clear indeed, but OK, @TechSup must have gotten a Notification when you opened this Thread already, they will "take over" when they see it, I reckon... :wink:

The 'Webextensions' Page I already linked to also contains a "Trouble Activating" Section with a Link to contact "Customer Service", that might be "the way to go", if @TechSup takes "too long" to react maybe... :idea:
martinuy87

Post by martinuy87 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:12 pm

Thank you for your time and attention.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:42 am

Hi martinuy87,

With the latest versions of iMacros, the File Access module is already included in the main installer (the one you download from your Progress portal account). When you run this installer, it automatically installs File Access and should automatically activate your license. As you discovered (or were informed by chivracq), you still have to install the browser extension(s) separately via the browser's respective web store / extensions repository (this should have been noted in your purchase confirmation email, but I could be wrong about that).

You can verify that your license is activated properly by searching for 'Manage iMacros License' in the Windows start menu. Running this application will tell you if the license is already activated, as well as provide options for deactivating/reactivating the license.

If it says your license is activated but iMacros for Firefox reports that it is the freeware version (it will display a message in the sidebar when you attempt to click the FILES tab at the top of the sidebar), then this means that it is not seeing the license for some reason. My first suggestion in this case would be to remove the iMacros for Firefox extension from Firefox and uninstall iMacros Personal Edition. Then, after a reboot, run the installer for iMacros Personal Edition again and re-verify that the license is activated. Next, reinstall iMacros for Firefox and see if it works for accessing macro files on disk.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
martinuy87

Post by martinuy87 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:45 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:42 am
Hi martinuy87,

With the latest versions of iMacros, the File Access module is already included in the main installer (the one you download from your Progress portal account). When you run this installer, it automatically installs File Access and should automatically activate your license. As you discovered (or were informed by chivracq), you still have to install the browser extension(s) separately via the browser's respective web store / extensions repository (this should have been noted in your purchase confirmation email, but I could be wrong about that).

You can verify that your license is activated properly by searching for 'Manage iMacros License' in the Windows start menu. Running this application will tell you if the license is already activated, as well as provide options for deactivating/reactivating the license.

If it says your license is activated but iMacros for Firefox reports that it is the freeware version (it will display a message in the sidebar when you attempt to click the FILES tab at the top of the sidebar), then this means that it is not seeing the license for some reason. My first suggestion in this case would be to remove the iMacros for Firefox extension from Firefox and uninstall iMacros Personal Edition. Then, after a reboot, run the installer for iMacros Personal Edition again and re-verify that the license is activated. Next, reinstall iMacros for Firefox and see if it works for accessing macro files on disk.
Thank you, I will follow the instructions.
les_stockton

Post by les_stockton » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:13 pm

DId this ever get resolved? I bought a personal edition as well, and I'm having the same issue with the Chrome browser. It still thinks I am running with a trial version.
I've uninstalled. I also removed the extension from the browser. I've rebooted and reinstalled. Nothing seems to fix it.
martinuy87

Post by martinuy87 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:12 pm

les_stockton wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:13 pm
DId this ever get resolved? I bought a personal edition as well, and I'm having the same issue with the Chrome browser. It still thinks I am running with a trial version.
I've uninstalled. I also removed the extension from the browser. I've rebooted and reinstalled. Nothing seems to fix it.
Hi, I just followed the instructions and it worked perfectly the same day of my purchase. I use Firefox
Regards
les_stockton

Post by les_stockton » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:03 pm

I ran the installer and did what it said.
I'm just about ready to give up and request a refund. I can't use the license that I paid for.