How to remove Microsoft Java:
(1) From the Start menu, select Run.
(2) Enter the command
Code: Select all
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection java.inf,UnInstall
(3) Click Yes to the confirmation, then select Reboot when prompted.
(4) After the machine restarts, delete the following items:
- The \%Systemroot%\Java folder
- The file java.PNF from the \%Systemroot%\inf folder
- The files jview.exe and wjview.exe from the \%Systemroot%\system32 folder
- The registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Java VM
- The registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ InternetExplorer \ AdvancedOptions \ JAVA_VM
Note II: To delete a registry subkey, start the Registry Editor, and navigate to the key by clicking on the + signs. When you have the correct key selected, right-click, and select Delete from the menu.
(5) Microsoft Java is now removed. If you have not done it yet, you can download Sun's latest JVM for Windows at http://java.sun.com/getjava/