How to use iMacros with Anonymizer

Share your tips, tricks and favorite iMacros macros, scripts and applications for web automation in general here.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team
Tech Support

How to use iMacros with Anonymizer

Post by Tech Support » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:56 pm

From our tech support department:

A user reported the following problem:
My IP adress is being blocked by a site that I am attempting to extract data from. I am using Anonymizer with the iMacros Browser and it is showing an IP other than my actual IP when I user Internet Explorer. In fact, I am able to access the subject web site using IE. However, when I attempt to use iMacros the web site blocks me and displays my actual IP address. It seems like IMacros is not using my Anonymizer IP. I know about the PROXY command but I am not sure if this is the answer.

Later the user reported the following solution :)
Anonymizer support has indicated that their product does not support third party products like the iMacros Browser. However, it does work if I use the iMacros Internet Explorer add-on from within IE. You may want to post this to your knowledgebase as there are many users of Anonymizer in the US.