how to make 3 columns using imacros?

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
anggun123

how to make 3 columns using imacros?

Post by anggun123 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:48 pm

I'm trying to retrieve the data of a web table with macros
but the result is not as expected
because the result is one column

How to code to make it into 3 columns ?
this is my code

Code: Select all

for ( x = 1; x <= 10; x++){
    var Volume; 
    Volume =  "CODE:"; 
    Volume +=  "TAG XPATH=//tbody/tr["+x+"] extract=txt" + "\n";
    Volume += "SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=C:\ FILE=try.csv" + "\n";
    iimPlay(Volume);
    }
this is extract result
this is extract result
J9bXf.png (9.75 KiB) Viewed 6334 times
chivracq

Re: how to make 3 columns using imacros?

Post by chivracq » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:59 pm

anggun123 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:48 pm
I'm trying to retrieve the data of a web table with macros
but the result is not as expected
because the result is one column

How to code to make it into 3 columns ?
this is my code

for ( x = 1; x <= 10; x++){
    var Volume; 
    Volume =  "CODE:"; 
    Volume +=  "TAG XPATH=//tbody/tr["+x+"] extract=txt" + "\n";
    Volume += "SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=C:\ FILE=try.csv" + "\n";
    iimPlay(Volume);
    }
J9bXf.png

CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
=> iMacros for FF v8.9.7/v9.0.3...?, FF[49-56]/PM28...?, OS=Win7/10_x32/64...?

Mention your FCI first and I'll answer your Qt/Thread then... :idea:
(Always a good "Idea" to read the Forum Rules when you join a Tech Forum... :idea: )

URL not posted, I will "only" give you some "generic" Advice... :|

>>>

EDIT:
Oh...!, and mentioning your FCI also applies to your parallel Thread on SOF: :wink:
- how to make 3 columns using imacros?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
anggun123

Post by anggun123 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:16 pm

Browser Firefox 48.0
iMacros for Firefox 8.9.7
Windows 10 32-bit Operating system

chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:32 pm

anggun123 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:16 pm

Browser Firefox 48.0
iMacros for Firefox 8.9.7
Windows 10 32-bit Operating system

OK, good-good, Thanks..., I was very "close" already, ah-ah...!, hum, "perfect" would be if you could add your FCI to your OP also, preferably at the very Top, this is the first Info "we" (Advanced Users) need when reading/answering a Thread... :idea:

Not sure if you saw my 'EDIT', I asked you to also mention your FCI in your parallel Thread/Qt on SOF..., I'm now "waiting" for that part...
(Perfectly fine to open parallel Threads on different (=2) Tech Forums but you "need" to provide the same "Quality" on both... :idea: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
anggun123

Post by anggun123 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:41 pm

ok

Done
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:19 pm

anggun123 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:41 pm
ok

Done

Yep, seen that..., and already got you a "+1" on SOF, (from me), ah-ah...! :wink:

>>>

Alright, to answer your Qt/Thread, well, the (extracted) Result you are getting is "normal", because you are extracting at the 'TR' Level ('TR' = "Table Row"), then every single 'EXTRACT' Command will extract a whole Row altogether, which when saving the Content of the '!EXTRACT' Var to your '.CSV' is just 1 Col for iMacros and the 'SAVEAS' Command.

You seem to be extracting the first 10 Rows (of Data) in the Table, I can't tell if the Table has a fixed Nb of Rows and 10 Rows = the full Table, but maybe "easier" would be to let iMacros extract the whole Table with just 1 'EXTRACT', => at the 'TABLE' Level, but you'd need to use the 'TAG POS' Mode with stg like:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=TABLE ATTR=* EXTRACT=TXT
..., or, converted to your on-the-fly '.js' Script:

Volume += "TAG POS=1 TYPE=TABLE ATTR=* EXTRACT=TXT" + "\n";
This will save the whole Data from the whole Table (including the Header if any)), respecting the TH/TR/TD Structure of the original Table.
And have a Look at the '!EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP' Popup (or using 'PROMPT') to "understand" how the extracted Data is formatted by iMacros... :idea:

And this Technique/Mechanism usually works fine for 'Standard" Tables, BUT...!, the Data on this Site seems to contain quite a lot of extra Spaces and Soft-Returns, that you'll probably want to clean/trim before doing the 'SAVEAS'.

>>>

The "next" Method would be to extract the Data at the 'TD' Level for each Cell separately within a same Row, or even at the 'DIV' or 'SPAN' Level, as I "suspect" the 'TD' Elements in that Table contain some inner 'DIV' and/or 'SPAN' Element(s) to format the Content from the CSS...

You already loop your Script (x10) at the 'TR' Level, you would just need to add a Nested Looping to loop through the (x3...?) Cells within one Row.
=> With 1 'EXTRACT' Command per Cell, and iMacros and the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism will then handle "separating" each 'EXTRACT' into 3 Cols. :idea:

>>>

Or maybe a "Trick" that could work in your specific Case and for this Site, like I mentioned, the extracted Data, when extracting like you are/were doing at the 'TR' Level, seems to contain Spaces and Soft Returns.

It would then be possible after the 'EXTRACT' (and before the 'SAVEAS') to do some Global 'replace()' on the Soft Returns (\r\n) to replace them with the "[EXTRACT]" Separator that iMacros uses to format the extracted Data, like you will have "understood" when looking at the Content in the '!EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP' or 'PROMPT' when extracting at the 'TABLE' Level. That could work... :P
anggun123

Post by anggun123 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:22 pm

Not working

this is html code

<tr class="shopee-table__row valign-top" style=""><td class="is-first"><div class="shopee-table__cell first-cell"><div data-v-a290c0d4="" class="keyword">
            shoes
            <span data-v-a290c0d4="" class="hot"><i data-v-a290c0d4="" class="fire shopee-icon"><svg viewBox="0 0 8 11" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"><path d="M6.373 2.2c.315.943.158 2.436-.942 3.3C6.059 3.3 3.938.393 3.23.079c0 0-.079 0-.079-.079C3.545 3.614.245 4.243.009 7.071-.148 9.271 1.738 11 3.938 11a3.89 3.89 0 0 0 3.928-3.929c0-1.807-.55-3.614-1.493-4.871z" fill-rule="nonzero"></path></svg></i>
              Populer
            </span></div></div></td><td class=""><div class="shopee-table__cell"><div data-v-a290c0d4="" class="quality-wrap"><span data-v-a290c0d4="" class="quality-process" style="width: 60%;"></span></div></div></td><td class=""><div class="shopee-table__cell"><span data-v-a290c0d4="" class="left">25.217</span></div></td><td class=""><div class="shopee-table__cell"><span data-v-a290c0d4="" class="left">
              Rp3.029
            </span></div></td><td class="is-last"><div class="shopee-table__cell last-cell"><button data-v-a290c0d4="" type="button" class="shopee-button shopee-button--link shopee-button--small"><span>
              Tambah
            </span>

i want to take the value

columns 1 = shoes
columns 2 = 25,217
columns 3 = Rp3,029

any idea ?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:47 pm

anggun123 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:22 pm

Not working

Yeah, well, "Not working" is a bit vague if you don't mention/explain what "happens" and what Result do you get and what is "not working", ah-ah...! :roll:

But OK, like I had "suspected", I can see from your (truncated) HTML Source for the 1st 'TR' Element that the 'TD' Elements indeed contain some inner 'DIV' and 'SPAN' Elements and that the Data at the 'TABLE' Level will be extremely "bloated" and will also contain some Data that you don't want to retain like the "Populer" + "Tambah" Strings, and "cleaning" that whole Data to keep only the Data that you would want would be a bit of a "hassle", ah-ah...!

>>>
anggun123 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:22 pm
this is html code

<tr class="shopee-table__row valign-top" style=""><td class="is-first"><div class="shopee-table__cell first-cell"><div data-v-a290c0d4="" class="keyword">
            shoes
            <span data-v-a290c0d4="" class="hot"><i data-v-a290c0d4="" class="fire shopee-icon"><svg viewBox="0 0 8 11" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"><path d="M6.373 2.2c.315.943.158 2.436-.942 3.3C6.059 3.3 3.938.393 3.23.079c0 0-.079 0-.079-.079C3.545 3.614.245 4.243.009 7.071-.148 9.271 1.738 11 3.938 11a3.89 3.89 0 0 0 3.928-3.929c0-1.807-.55-3.614-1.493-4.871z" fill-rule="nonzero"></path></svg></i>
              Populer
            </span></div></div></td><td class=""><div class="shopee-table__cell"><div data-v-a290c0d4="" class="quality-wrap"><span data-v-a290c0d4="" class="quality-process" style="width: 60%;"></span></div></div></td><td class=""><div class="shopee-table__cell"><span data-v-a290c0d4="" class="left">25.217</span></div></td><td class=""><div class="shopee-table__cell"><span data-v-a290c0d4="" class="left">
              Rp3.029
            </span></div></td><td class="is-last"><div class="shopee-table__cell last-cell"><button data-v-a290c0d4="" type="button" class="shopee-button shopee-button--link shopee-button--small"><span>
              Tambah
            </span>
i want to take the value

columns 1 = shoes
columns 2 = 25,217
columns 3 = Rp3,029

any idea ?

Then OK, if extracting the Data at the 'TABLE' Level is "not going to work", then hum..., back to Method_2 that I mentioned, => you'll have to extract Cell by Cell at the 'TD' Level.

Then well, like "always" then when extracting Data from a Table, => 'Relative Positioning' will be your "Best Friend", ah-ah...! :idea:

And if/as it's already working, you can use your existing "TAG XPATH//tbody/tr[n]" Statement as 'Anchor', but you'll need to use "Double" 'Relative Positioning' because the Data you want is located "inside" that 'TR' Element. :!:

Pretty "straightforward" Technique that I've explained and demonstrated many-many times, you'll find many Examples on the Forum if you "search" a bit, but from the truncated HTML Source you've posted, that would give stg like...:

Hum, wait, I first need to simply the HTML Structure of the 'TR' Element:

<tr class="shopee-table__row valign-top" style="">
   <td class="is-first"><div class="shopee-table__cell first-cell">
      shoes
      Populer
   </td>
   <td class=""></td>
   <td class="">25.217</td>
   <td class="">Rp3.029</td>
   <td class="is-last">
      Tambah
      [...?...]
   </td>
   [...?...]
</tr>
=> Then OK, the 'TR' Element seems to contain 5 'TD''s, and you want "shoes" from 'TD_1' + "25.217" from 'TD_3' + "Rp3.029" from 'TD_4'.

Now the Implementation, in pure '.iim', I'll let you convert it to your on-the-fly Script in '.js'...:

'SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP YES/NO
SET !LOOP 1
TAG XPATH//tbody/tr[{{!LOOP}}] EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=R-1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !EXTRACT NULL

TAG POS=R1 TYPE=TD ATTR=* EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=R2 TYPE=TD ATTR=* EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=TD ATTR=* EXTRACT=TXT
PROMPT _{{!EXTRACT}}_
... Well, the 1st "TAG POS=R1 TYPE=TD ATTR=* EXTRACT=TXT" will actually extract "shoes" + "Populer" together, while you only want "shoes", you would need to adjust that Line to extract at the corresponding 'DIV' or 'SPAN' Element with stg like:

TAG POS=R1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:keyword EXTRACT=TXT
But..., no Luck, this won't work either and will still contain the "Populer" String because that "Populer" is contained in a 'SPAN' Element contained itself also in the same 'DIV' Element, => then you would also need to extract that 'SPAN'/"Populer" separately to retract/subtract it from the whole 'DIV'. :idea:

Or probably easier would be to use 'EXTRACT=HTM' on the 'DIV' and to "isolate" the "shoes" String from that 'EXTRACT=HTM', using the same Method/Principle I will use in Method_3... :twisted:

>

Oh yeah...!, and the "TAG POS=R-1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=* EXTRACT=TXT" for the first Part of the Double 'Relative Positioning' Implementation is a bit of a "Guess", I'm not sure if the "TYPE=SPAN" will be correct as you didn't post enough Info about the (whole) HTML Structure of the whole Table, this "shopee" Site is probably Public, you would make everybody's Life easier if you simply posted the URL of that Page/Site... :roll: , but it is based on the "Assumption" that the Table will contain some 'TH' Element, especially when extracting the 1st Row of Data, and that this 'TH' Element will contain (at least) one 'SPAN' Element that can be used as "2nd Anchor" for the Double 'R-POS' Technique... :!:

If that's not correct, then you'll need to adapt that Line to find some other Element or Type, maybe "TYPE=DIV", + possibly need to adapt the 1st "POS=R1" to "find" the "shoes" String, or might even need to "get outside" of the Table, or to reverse the Direction of "POS=R-1" + "POS=R1" into "POS=R1" + "POS=R-1", it's a bit "complicated" to explain with Words, I would need to test myself... :|
But then, Method_3 would then be much easier in that Case, I would think...

>>>

Hum, and I mentioned "Method_3", ah-ah...! :P
Or it's actually "Method_4", because I had already mentioned a "Method_3" in my previous Post, but both are a bit based on the same Principle actually...

Alright..., hum, that's a long Post already, ah-ah...! Still following...!? :wink:

But hum, I would think that's probably the easiest and most straightforward Method, I guess... And this one I can test myself, well..., a bit "approx" and still in pure '.iim', I don't do/use any '.js' Script myself...

Alright, your existing "TAG XPATH//tbody/tr[n] EXTRACT=TXT" actually already contains all the Data that you want, then it's "simply" a matter of isolating and separating the Data that you want to keep into 3 Cols, ah-ah...!

And yep, that Method works directly, here is the Script I used myself, with your 'TR' HTML Source in my Clipboard...:

VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1

'Debug:
SET !EXTRACT {{!CLIPBOARD}}

SET Col_1 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('keyword\">'); y=x[1].split('<'); z=y[0].trim(); z;")
SET Col_2 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('class=\"left\">'); y=x[1].split('<'); z=y[0].trim(); z;")
SET Col_3 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('class=\"left\">'); y=x[2].split('<'); z=y[0].trim(); z;")
SET !EXTRACT {{Col_1}}[EXTRACT]{{Col_2}}[EXTRACT]{{Col_3}}

PROMPT {{!CLIPBOARD}}<BR><BR>Col_1:<SP>_{{Col_1}}_<BR>Col_2:<SP>_{{Col_2}}_<BR>Col_3:<SP>_{{Col_3}}_<BR><BR>SAVEAS:<BR>_{{!EXTRACT}}_
... Which will display in the 'PROMPT':

[<tr> HTML Source from  Clipboard]

Col_1: _shoes_
Col_2: _25.217_
Col_3: _Rp3.029_

SAVEAS:
_shoes[EXTRACT]25.217[EXTRACT]Rp3.029_
(Tested in iMacros for FF v8.8.2, PM v26.3.3, Win10_Pro_x64.)

Well, your HTML Code contains Dots for the Values in 'Col_2' and 'Col_3', if you "really" want/prefer Commas, well..., I let you adapt the Script... Not difficult...

And if you want to test yourself that the Script works correctly indeed, I guess you can use this one: :idea:

VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
TAB T=1

SET !LOOP 1
TAG XPATH//tbody/tr[{{!LOOP}}] EXTRACT=HTM
SET TR_Extracted {{!EXTRACT}}

'Debug:
'SET !EXTRACT {{!CLIPBOARD}}

SET Col_1 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('keyword\">'); y=x[1].split('<'); z=y[0].trim(); z;")
SET Col_2 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('class=\"left\">'); y=x[1].split('<'); z=y[0].trim(); z;")
SET Col_3 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('class=\"left\">'); y=x[2].split('<'); z=y[0].trim(); z;")

SET !EXTRACT {{Col_1}}[EXTRACT]{{Col_2}}[EXTRACT]{{Col_3}}

'PROMPT {{!CLIPBOARD}}<BR><BR>Col_1:<SP>_{{Col_1}}_<BR>Col_2:<SP>_{{Col_2}}_<BR>Col_3:<SP>_{{Col_3}}_<BR><BR>SAVEAS:<BR>_{{!EXTRACT}}_
PROMPT {{TR_Extracted}}<BR><BR>Col_1:<SP>_{{Col_1}}_<BR>Col_2:<SP>_{{Col_2}}_<BR>Col_3:<SP>_{{Col_3}}_<BR><BR>SAVEAS:<BR>_{{!EXTRACT}}_
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=try.csv
(Not tested of course...)

And hum, be "careful" when saving some Data to the "C:\" Root on Win_x32/_x64, it is "not supposed" to work, for "Security" Reasons, ah-ah...! :twisted:
anggun123

Post by anggun123 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:58 pm

wow :shock: :shock:

perfect as expected

thank you very much, [... Religious Reference removed by Moderator...]
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [Religious Reference removed by Moderator...]
anggun123

Post by anggun123 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:45 pm

sorry chivracq

How to add headername csv ?
example Col1 = Name
Col2 = Qty
Col3 = price
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:47 am

anggun123 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:58 pm
wow :shock: :shock:

perfect as expected

thank you very much, [god bless you => Religious Reference removed by Moderator...]

OK, I deleted one of your Duplicates, you had posted the same Post x2. (You can always delete the last Post in a Thread, as long as nobody, including yourself, has posted after it...)

Alright, glad it works, but I would still be curious about which Implementation you chose...?
=> Method_3|4 I guess...?, with the 'EXTRACT=HTM' on the whole Row and re-isolate the 3 Parts that you want to keep...?

And I'll "try" to post an Answer in your parallel Thread on SOF if I find the "Energy"/Motivation, will be "nice" if you can accept it then... :idea:

And hum, I'll pass on the "divine Blessing", I'd prefer a Hug with Bug's Bunny for example...! :shock:
(The Forum is Technical, we refrain from religious/political/sexual References... :idea: )

>>>
anggun123 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:45 pm
sorry chivracq

How to add headername csv ?
example Col1 = Name
Col2 = Qty
Col3 = price

Well, fairly easy, same Principle like I used to "re-construct" the Content of the '!EXTRACT' Var with the 3 Cols before doing the 'SAVEAS', you can first save another Row with hard-coded Values for the Header like in:

SET !EXTRACT Name[EXTRACT]Qty[EXTRACT]Price
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT etc...
Alternatively, you can also use the 'ADD' Command, it is "clever" enough to add the "[EXTRACT]" Separator when applied to the '!EXTRACT' Var:

SET !EXTRACT Name
ADD !EXTRACT Qty
ADD !EXTRACT Price
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT etc...
... But I find the Method with just 1 Line easier and quicker... 8)
anggun123

Post by anggun123 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:47 am

not working :D
this is the result
this is the result
Screenshot_2.png (7.32 KiB) Viewed 6251 times
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:04 am

anggun123 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:47 am

Screenshot_2.png

"Not working", well..., yes it's working, you've got your Header...!, but you don't need to loop it, you only want it once, ah-ah...! :P

You were originally using a '.js' Script, then you need to add saving the Header before the 10x Looping to extract the Data from the 10 Rows... :idea:

You didn't answer my Qt about for which Implementation you chose..., and you should post the Script that you are now using, converted to a '.js' Script... (... as I only posted Implementations in pure '.iim'...) :idea:
anggun123

Post by anggun123 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:16 am

chivracq wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:04 am
anggun123 wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:47 am

Screenshot_2.png

"Not working", well..., yes it's working, you've got your Header...!, but you don't need to loop it, you only want it once, ah-ah...! :P

You were originally using a '.js' Script, then you need to add saving the Header before the 10x Looping to extract the Data from the 10 Rows... :idea:

You didn't answer my Qt about for which Implementation you chose..., and you should post the Script that you are now using, converted to a '.js' Script... (... as I only posted Implementations in pure '.iim'...) :idea:
ohh,,,

thank you very much, working
[Religious Reference removed by Moderator...]
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [Religious Reference removed by Moderator...]