Trying to extract a specific number or character from a body of text rather than the whole line.

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
CTJW1907

Trying to extract a specific number or character from a body of text rather than the whole line.

Post by CTJW1907 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:10 pm

The all important info -
VERSION BUILD=10101485
OS=macOS Monterey 12.1
Browser=95.0.2 (64-bit)
Other macros functioning as expected=YES

I'd like to my post with an apology, the last time I asked for support I simply gave up but didn't post to say thank you.

I have been furthering my knowledge of iMacro and it's potential functions playing an online text based games. I'm trying to automate the purchase of a product. I think I've tried a variety of different methods and solutions between extracting css selectors, using the clipboard function and caused myself to become more confused.

Code: Select all

SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
URL GOTO=https://awebsite.com/site.php?page=foodhall
' copy required info
TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:This<SP>foodhall<SP>is<SP>owned<SP>by<SP>Dave<SP>U* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !CLIPBOARD {{!EXTRACT}}
WAIT SECONDS=2
' paste required info
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:https://awebsite.com/site.php?page=foodhall ATTR=NAME:buyfood CONTENT={{!CLIPBOARD}}
WAIT SECONDS=20
' submit
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:https://awebsite.com/site.php?page=foodhall ATTR=NAME:give
WAIT SECONDS=10
The comment out is for my reference :)

The extract function works but I would like some assistance in getting a specific piece of information out of it.
It returns the following -
This foodhall is owned by Harry's Uncle!
And being held by Harry!
It currently has 220 hams.
The bullet price is $1,000 for each ham!
I would like to extract the 220 in this case (the number changes over time) and paste it into a box below it and submit the form.

I can provide the html where this information is found if required.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. The forum, program and extensions are fantastic products, I will be purchasing a full license in the near future!
chivracq

Re: Trying to extract a specific number or character from a body of text rather than the whole line.

Post by chivracq » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:41 pm

CTJW1907 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:10 pm
The all important info -

VERSION BUILD=10101485
OS=macOS Monterey 12.1
Browser=95.0.2 (64-bit)
Other macros functioning as expected=YES

I'd like to my post with an apology, the last time I asked for support I simply gave up but didn't post to say thank you.

I have been furthering my knowledge of iMacro and it's potential functions playing an online text based games. I'm trying to automate the purchase of a product. I think I've tried a variety of different methods and solutions between extracting css selectors, using the clipboard function and caused myself to become more confused.

SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
URL GOTO=https://awebsite.com/site.php?page=foodhall
' copy required info
TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:This<SP>foodhall<SP>is<SP>owned<SP>by<SP>Dave<SP>U* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !CLIPBOARD {{!EXTRACT}}
WAIT SECONDS=2
' paste required info
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:https://awebsite.com/site.php?page=foodhall ATTR=NAME:buyfood CONTENT={{!CLIPBOARD}}
WAIT SECONDS=20
' submit
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:https://awebsite.com/site.php?page=foodhall ATTR=NAME:give
WAIT SECONDS=10
The comment out is for my reference :)

The extract function works but I would like some assistance in getting a specific piece of information out of it.
It returns the following -
This foodhall is owned by Harry's Uncle!
And being held by Harry!
It currently has 220 hams.
The bullet price is $1,000 for each ham!
I would like to extract the 220 in this case (the number changes over time) and paste it into a box below it and submit the form.

The html where this information is found if required.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. The forum, program and extensions are fantastic products, I will be purchasing a full license in the near future!

"I'd like to [start :wink: ] my post with an apology, the last time I asked for support I simply gave up but didn't post to say thank you.":
=> Hum, yep indeed, what you wanted was not "very complicated", you can always pick up the Thread at any moment, if you still want a Solution... :idea:

>>>

Alright, FCI in this one:

iMacros for FF v10.1.0 'Free', FF95_x64, macOS v12.1.
=> Hum, about: "I will be purchasing a full license in the near future!":
=> Beh..., nope, not "needed", unless you use iMacros for "Business Use", but I don't think that playing a Game qualifies as "Business Use", ah-ah...!, you don't need a 'PE' License, as you are on macOS, but macOS (and Linux) are not supported by the 'PE' Version...

Okay..., what you want is (again, ah-ah...!) not "very complicated", re-ah-ah...!
Many possible Implementations, here is one for example, assuming "ham(s)" is a "Constant", hum, OK, even better, and independent from "ham"...:

SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var s='{{!EXTRACT}}'; var x,y,z; x=s.split('currently has '); y=x[1].split(' '); z=y[0]; z;")
PROMPT EXTRACT:<BR>_{{!EXTRACT}}_<BR><BR>VAR1:<SP>_{{!VAR1}}_
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
CTJW1907

Re: Trying to extract a specific number or character from a body of text rather than the whole line.

Post by CTJW1907 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:08 pm

Hi, thanks for your response!

I'll look back at my previous thread and see if I need it :)
- I shall read up, I was under the impression i'd need a license for file access?

I'm going to read up about the SET !VAR now rather than copying and pasting errors back to you.

I'll be back :)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:43 pm

CTJW1907 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:08 pm
Hi, thanks for your response!

I'll look back at my previous thread and see if I need it :)
- I shall read up, I was under the impression i'd need a license for file access?

I'm going to read up about the SET !VAR now rather than copying and pasting errors back to you.

I'll be back :)

Yep, but the 'File Access' Functionality is "currently" (=> v10.1.x for FF/CR) not supported on macOS and Linux, only Win_x32/_x64 is supported as OS.

And yep, it's "better Practice" to use the Built-in '!VAR[1-3]' Vars rather than the OS Clipboard...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...