Extracting two tables to one file

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Liz

Extracting two tables to one file

Post by Liz » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:47 am

Hi, Is it possible to extract two seperate tables on one webpage into a .xls, .csv or .txt file?

I am trying to extract a table that details substances within a component, but the component number is not in the table, so I also need some way of extracting the component number at the same time.

Thank you.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:06 pm

Are you extracting the complete table at once, or line by line?

If you extract line by line (recommended), you can combine, for example, 3 elements from one table and 2 elements from second table into one line of the output file.
Liz

Post by Liz » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:30 pm

Thanks.

I needed to extract whole tables but I've solved the problem by extracting them to .txt and it works just fine!

I did try extracting elements but one of the tables is very big so I was ending up with a very long line in excel.