Suppressing Javascript error dialog box (scripting edition)

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
goog0l

Suppressing Javascript error dialog box (scripting edition)

Post by goog0l » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:13 am

Hey guise,

I'm getting this idiotic (and irrelevant to me) javascript error message every time I run a loop on this certain website, in the scripting edition. :x
I have to close the dialog box and continue with my work.

For your reference, here's a screenshot of the error I'm talking about- Image

Any way that I can suppress this error? Any help would be really appreciated. :)
daveaton

Re: Suppressing Javascript error dialog box (scripting editi

Post by daveaton » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Hi.

Well support is going to tell you that you need to change your IE settings to get rid of these.. but that's a bunch of bunk, well at least for me on windows 7 using the Imacros browser I have to program to close them.

like this...

Code: Select all

ONERRORDIALOG BUTTON=YES CONTINUE=YES

or if your script works with having these errors clicked yes such as javascript or ajax you could do this.

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES

Here is the docs for your problem.. and how to handle other dialog problems...

http://wiki.imacros.net/Browser_Automation#Page_Errors

Not sure why support keeps telling people to modify the IE settings because Imacros may use some of IE but it's clearly different and it's not following the rules that IE does all the time. I have pulled my hair out on this one also! :mrgreen:

Thanks,
David
Favorite Quote from an honest man :

I know you know that I know, I am a wanna be hacker also!   My browser surfs to google.com just like yours does!  If you are legit I will be glad to help!  You know who you are!
bugmenot666

Post by bugmenot666 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:08 pm

I totally agree. Even with script debugging turned off IE and the onerrordialog button set correctly, some javascript errors on huge sites (like facebook) still ruin what should be a smooth macro run. I see it all the time. Imacros needs to be fixed to handle this, you are not the only pretty girl in town anymore. Maybe it is doable to abandon IE as browser altogether? It seems to be the root of some of the evil.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:01 pm

You can also make sure the "Disable script error notifications" option is checked in the iMacros Browser options (available since v7.20):
iMacros Browser Options.png
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support