Excel help please....

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
toonarme

Excel help please....

Post by toonarme » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:06 pm

As part of my job, I have to compile tables of delivery data from a courier website. I take a consignment number from an Excel sheet, paste it into the couriers tracking website, click 'Go' and it comes back with delivery details. I then cut the delivery details and paste them back into the cell adjacent to the consignment number. I move down a row and do the same again.

This is what I start with, I cut the consignment number from this :

I paste it into the tracking website and click 'go', then I cut the text under date, time, items and recipient :

And then I paste the text back into here :

Then I move down a row and do the same again... Sometimes I might have a few hundred of these to do and it makes me crazy...
I also sometimes have blank cells so I'd need to skip them if they were empty.

Is all this do-able with iMacros?
Thanks for any help :)
siniy

Re: Excel help please....

Post by siniy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:16 am

It is do-able you should use VBA and imacros.
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Excel help please....

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:16 pm

This is exactly what iMacros was designed to do! You will find plenty of documentation in our Wiki along with sample code, tutorials, and online demos to get you started, in addition to being able to search our forums for similar solutions.

As siniy suggested, you would want to use the iMacros Scripting Edition so that you can integrate iMacros directly in Excel using VBA (here's a tutorial for using iMacros with Excel).

You can try a 30-day trial of the full iMacros Scripting Edition, which has the most functionality and flexibility. Keep in mind that the iMacros Scripting Edition license includes free Silver Level tech support, so our support team is ready to help you with your project. And, our software comes with a 90-day money back guarantee.

If you get stuck or need specific help with your macro or scripts as you are trying the software, feel free to post them here along with your questions for community feedback.

If you think this task might be too much of an undertaking for you, you can also place a request in the iMacros Consultants Forum, or try the iOpus Custom Macro and Script Creation Service.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support