Extract data from gmail email?

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
cboshdave

Extract data from gmail email?

Post by cboshdave » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:09 am

I have a specific email that I am trying to EXTRACT information from. Seems like it should be pretty straightforward. But, when I try to grab data with the Extraction Wizard, it continually returns me #EANF#. Even with the most simple of extractions.

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=FONT ATTR=TXT:$* EXTRACT=TXT
This should return the value ($10.00) that is in the email. But I get nothing. Is there something I need to do to make the wizard work properly with an email on gmail? I noticed that I tried to view source on the page and very little comes up.

Thanks,
Dave
cboshdave

Re: Extract data from gmail email?

Post by cboshdave » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:40 am

Okay... whatever. Apparently I just had to walk away from it for a bit. The following code selected my text. Just had to find the right position value.

Code: Select all

TAG POS=12 TYPE=FONT ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
Thanks,
Dave
wazzap_nz

Re: Extract data from gmail email?

Post by wazzap_nz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:25 am

Hi Dave,

I have the exact same question and wondered if you used a bit of software to do this?

Cheers,
Warren