Identify question, respond, then extract data

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
TheProph3t

Identify question, respond, then extract data

Post by TheProph3t » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:18 pm

I work for a retail company as a department manager. I am trying to extract and insert into an excel document daily sales for my department every day to track and graph my progress. I can log in from home and see my sales for my department each day, however, after I initial log in it attempts to authenticate me using one of my three questions (no captcha, such as where did you live as a child?). Does iMacro have the ability to identify a question and respond appropriately?

Thanks for your support
TheProph3t
MattBell7

Re: Identify question, respond, then extract data

Post by MattBell7 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:25 pm

if there is a finite list of questions, and you know the answers, then yes.

easiest way would be to extract the question, and the use the scripting interface to say

if question=x then answer=a
else if question=y then answer=b
else if question=z then answer=c

etc
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: Identify question, respond, then extract data

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi,

And here is a link to some info on the scripting interface: http://wiki.imacros.net/Web_Scripting

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support