Looping Script Freezing Up

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
inter

Looping Script Freezing Up

Post by inter » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:55 pm

Hello all,

I'm using the Firefox add-on and have run into a strange issue that I can't seem to find an answer to. I have a script that is looping through TV episodes on Amazon (i.e. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RFVPHQ). It is quite common that the script will lock up as it reaches the end of the list of episodes, which often extends beyond the visible portion of the screen. However, when the script "locks up" if I physically intervene and scroll down the page to make the link visible, the script continues working as intended.

I'm quite stumped as to what might be causing this. Is there any sort of logical explanation that I'm overlooking?

Thanks!

Edit: I read people with similar problems suggesting that clearing the browser cache could help the issue, but doing this doesn't seem to have solved my issue.

And my script for reference...

Most often I would say it freezes at TAG POS=1 TYPE=H2 ATTR=TXT:Prime<sp>instant<sp>videos EXTRACT=TXT and WAIT SECONDS=4, but not every time.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=7000928 RECORDER=FX
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !TIMEOUT_PAGE 10
SET !LOOP {{loop}}
TAB T=1

TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=ID:prod-img
TAG POS=1 TYPE=H1 ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:rating* EXTRACT=TITLE
TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=ALT:Amazon<SP>Instant<SP>Video
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:1-Click* EXTRACT=TXT