Number of concurrent Browsers

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
heffe6

Number of concurrent Browsers

Post by heffe6 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:19 am

Hello all,

I'm running iMacros from WSH and JScript. I have manually been launching the scripts. Each scraping script takes a long time to complete (10 hours +). In the documentation, if I remember correctly, it says that AlertFox was able to run 25 browsers concurrently with 2 gigs of Ram and an average processor. Im not coming anywhere close to that.

I'm running windows server 2008 R2 with 2Gb Ram and a dual core 2.44Ghz processor (AMD). If I run 4 scripts at once, I'm at like 80 CPU usage and 60% RAM usage immediately.

Am I doing something wrong here? What do other people acheive? Any tips on getting either of those number down?

Thanks,
Jeff
arnobonnes

Re: Number of concurrent Browsers

Post by arnobonnes » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:13 am

Same thing here. It seems that you can up to max 5-6 browsers running at the same time before it hits 100% almost all the time. Dont know how to reduce CPU.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:00 pm

arnobonnes wrote:Same thing here. It seems that you can up to max 5-6 browsers running at the same time before it hits 100% almost all the time. Dont know how to reduce CPU.
Not much we can do to help you if you don't mention anything about your Config Info...

And I'm not sure I'm very inclined either to help you as you didn't bother following up on the previous Thread you had posted in and where I had replied to your Post...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
lumer8

Post by lumer8 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:36 am

download firemin, i went from 200-300mb per firefox tab open, now less than 50mb.