SEARCH and unkonwn extraction

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
WindWalkerX

SEARCH and unkonwn extraction

Post by WindWalkerX » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:16 am

The included example seems to go out of it's way to be as cryptic as possible. Sticking with the original page example, say I do this

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=http://iopus.com/
 SEARCH SOURCE=REGEXP:"Enrollment" EXTRACT="Tracker is $1"
 PROMPT {{!EXTRACT}}
Now exactly what IS it extracting, anyway? The word enrollment is on the page, much like ""_gat._getTracker(\"UA-336765-1\")"". But it tells me the value is "undefined".

So, say instead of wanting to get something with a bunch of weird characters that all require special escape sequences, let's say I want to search for "Enrollment" and extract "Services"(the word after it). What would I use to do this?

And yes, I'm aware I could easily find this with

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=* ATTR=TXT:*Enrollment* EXTRACT=TXT
I'm just wanting a simple example so I can build upon it, rather than an extremely complicated example to try and deconstruct(tried and failed at this already).