Extract with Direct Screen?

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
BillHamaker

Extract with Direct Screen?

Post by BillHamaker » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:56 pm

I have a problem web site where I need to extract two numbers that are next to each other on the screen. The number on the right is easy to extract but the design of the web page is such that I can find any TAG searches using relative or positional commands that will consistently extract the number to the left. It's hard because the number is in a table and the number of rows in columns in the table varies depending on the data.

So I am wondering if I can use Direct Screen technology to first extract the number on the right, move 122 pixels to the left and then extract the number it finds there. Looking at the direct screen documentation I see how to move the mouse to the position I want but I don't see how to extract the number at the mouse position.

Is this possible and if so how do I do it?
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Extract with Direct Screen?

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:12 pm

Hi Bill,

Sorry, it's not possible to extract with DirectScreen. What you should try instead is using the SEARCH command with a regular expression for extracting the value. Keep in mind that the SEARCH command searches through the raw HTML source code.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
BillHamaker

Post by BillHamaker » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:45 pm

Do you have any suggestions as to how Search can be used in the following web site?

http://www.ocpafl.org/Searches/ParcelSearch.aspx#%23

To see the data I want to extract from you can enter or paste the value
"05-22-30-6468-00-140" in the Parcel ID field and then click the search button to the right.

On the resulting page click the "Values, Exemptions and Taxes" tab.

The number I am having trouble extracting reliably is the Market Value for 2013 (top row).

Note that depending on the Parcel ID the columns for Land, Building or Fixtures may be completely blank or may only have values for some of the rows. If they aren't there for a particular row then the "=" sign won't be there either. Since the Position number of the field I want changes depending on the Parcel ID I can't figure how to tag it reliably.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:25 pm

BillHamaker wrote:Note that depending on the Parcel ID the columns for Land, Building or Fixtures may be completely blank or may only have values for some of the rows. If they aren't there for a particular row then the "=" sign won't be there either. Since the Position number of the field I want changes depending on the Parcel ID I can't figure how to tag it reliably.
Can you also provide a Parcel ID or two that shows an example of these exceptional cases?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support