Script Stuck when 2nd IE tab opens

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.
rczyzewski

Script Stuck when 2nd IE tab opens

Post by rczyzewski » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:24 pm

I am trying to download reports from a website and save them down. I am using the ONDOWNLOAD command. I have 2 types of reports with 2 different problems.

1. pdf files: The macro gets stuck on the TAG command. There is no loadcheck, or anything for that matter, in the little yellow box above the code. This is also where I have realized a second tab has opened. If I manually close the second tab, the macro resumes as normal. I have tried the TAB CLOSE command, but when the macro is stuck it cannot move to that command.

2. excel & csv files: These always open instead of saving down. We are new with windows 7 & can't find the place to check-off the always ask prompt that will allow me to choose save instead of open, do you happen to know?