How to check for a (error) message on web page

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

How to check for a (error) message on web page

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:47 pm

I have a form that I can fill in from Excel using your product. Now, depending on the charcters I enter, the result will be eithir a "congratulations" or "sorry the charcter is invlid". The message will be printed on the web page above the form.
How will imacros tell me if I got an error or not? Both web pages will be the same except for the message printed on top of the page.

I know this isn't your thing but if you could point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:48 pm

You can search for the "sorry..." keywords using the EXTRACT command. Please see

http://www.iopus.com/iim/help/faq_search_keyword.htm

for details.