IE 11 / iMacros 10.0.2.2823 - iMacros stopped working

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
shaves

IE 11 / iMacros 10.0.2.2823 - iMacros stopped working

Post by shaves » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:22 pm

I have a macro using (Excel VBA) that goes through out invoice application. The macro opens an invoice and extracts information on a number of different screens. It then closes the invoice, looks for the word "reservation" on the next screen. Once it finds "reservation, it should open the next ticket.

With IE 8 / iMacros 9, the macro did not encounter any issue. However, recently, we were upgraded to IE 11 and iMacros 10. When users run the macro now, they can get a "iMacros has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program." message. Sometimes it will go through 10 tickets before it displays the message while other times it will go through 3 tickets. It's not consistent.

Following is the loop where the macro is looking for the word "reservation". this appears to be the place where the error / problem occurs.
lCnt = 0
vpagehead = ""

Do Until InStr(1, vpagehead1, "Reservation Number") > 0 Or InStr(1, vpagehead1, "servation:") > 0 Or lCnt = 25

IM = ""
IM = "CODE:"
IM = IM + "TAB T=1" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "FRAME NAME=ReservationDetailFrame" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 10" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "TAG POS=11 TYPE=TD ATTR=* EXTRACT=TXT" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "WAIT SECONDS=1" + vbNewLine

iret = iim1.iimPlay(IM)

vpagehead1 = iim1.iimGetLastExtract
lCnt = lCnt + 1

Loop

Does anyone see any reason why this code would cause an issue that would cause iMacros to close?

Thanks for the help..........
chivracq

Re: IE 11 / iMacros 10.0.2.2823 - iMacros stopped working

Post by chivracq » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:10 am

shaves wrote:I have a macro using (Excel VBA) that goes through out invoice application. The macro opens an invoice and extracts information on a number of different screens. It then closes the invoice, looks for the word "reservation" on the next screen. Once it finds "reservation, it should open the next ticket.

With IE 8 / iMacros 9, the macro did not encounter any issue. However, recently, we were upgraded to IE 11 and iMacros 10. When users run the macro now, they can get a "iMacros has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program." message. Sometimes it will go through 10 tickets before it displays the message while other times it will go through 3 tickets. It's not consistent.

Following is the loop where the macro is looking for the word "reservation". this appears to be the place where the error / problem occurs.
lCnt = 0
vpagehead = ""

Do Until InStr(1, vpagehead1, "Reservation Number") > 0 Or InStr(1, vpagehead1, "servation:") > 0 Or lCnt = 25

IM = ""
IM = "CODE:"
IM = IM + "TAB T=1" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "FRAME NAME=ReservationDetailFrame" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 10" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "TAG POS=11 TYPE=TD ATTR=* EXTRACT=TXT" + vbNewLine
IM = IM + "WAIT SECONDS=1" + vbNewLine

iret = iim1.iimPlay(IM)

vpagehead1 = iim1.iimGetLastExtract
lCnt = lCnt + 1

Loop

Does anyone see any reason why this code would cause an issue that would cause iMacros to close?

Thanks for the help..........
No Explanation/Answer for your precise Question, but I find your Implementation quite cumbersome...:
Instead of a VBS Script creating an .iim Macro on the fly, you could have made just one simple .iim Macro (that you would run/loop 25 times from the iMacros Side-Panel) with an 'EVAL()' Statement with 'MacroError()' based on your Extract to stop the Macro/Loop...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
shaves

Post by shaves » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:45 pm

I'm mostly self taught so there are probably better ways to do what I'm doing with this code. The reason we do it this way is because we are working from Excel. We pull things off of screens and write them to Excel. We go through a list of invoices and this code worked very well before we went to IE 11 and iMacros 10. We have had a lot of success with using visual basic and iMacros this way.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:32 pm

shaves wrote:I'm mostly self taught so there are probably better ways to do what I'm doing with this code. The reason we do it this way is because we are working from Excel. We pull things off of screens and write them to Excel. We go through a list of invoices and this code worked very well before we went to IE 11 and iMacros 10. We have had a lot of success with using visual basic and iMacros this way.
OK for your reasons..., but hum, I had a bit of a closer look at your Script and I would think the Wildcard in "ATTR=*" could be causing the Problem..., Wildcards are for Attributes (for ex. ATTR=TXT:*), I think I've noticed that you either have to leave "ATTR=" empty or specify at least one Attribute (for which you can use Wildcards), but this Syntax "ATTR=*" doesn't work... So your Statement would become:

Code: Select all

IM = IM + "TAG POS=11 TYPE=TD ATTR= EXTRACT=TXT" + vbNewLine
I'm not completely sure if I'm right but it's worth trying... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
shaves

Post by shaves » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:41 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try. I appreciate your help
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:20 pm

shaves wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try. I appreciate your help
And...?, any Results, before I forget about it over the WE...!?