Beginner [HELP NEEDED]

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
diogone

Beginner [HELP NEEDED]

Post by diogone » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:25 am

Hello everyone...

i'm new to imacros and i'm not a developer at all. i just finished reading the iMacros command refference, but i'm needing some hints to develop some data extraction macro.

the issue that i'm frontin is that, bc i'm no developer i dont have the agility to think on every variable to use in the code. so what im asking is if can anyone help me, pointing the way? like you should read this or that. i'm not looking for completed codes. i want to get there myself in order to learn.

so, i would like to code a macro, that goes to a URL, and in that url there are several links. i need the macro to open a link at a time, and in the new page, extract the data needed. then i need it to loop until there is no more links available to enter.

i dont know if im being clear enough, but at this point any help is a blessing!

thanks in advance..

Cheers

Diogo
ZmanZoo

Re: Beginner [HELP NEEDED]

Post by ZmanZoo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:56 pm

this Forum Post might get you started, http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5149

and you probably have to read all about TAG and EXTRACT but...
there is a very helpful video on Youtube that goes through step by step (in a easy to understand matter) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp3sXOynEj0