How to determine if a button is available

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
shaves

How to determine if a button is available

Post by shaves » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:31 pm

I'm working on macro (Excel VBA) that will loop through a series of vouchers in PeopleSoft Accounts Payable. After the macro "saves" the voucher, it will click on the "Next in List" button. This works fine.

The vendor has over 5,000 vouchers. In PeopleSoft AP, only 300 records can be displayed at a time.

What I want to do is validate the "Next in List" button to see if it is grayed out (and not available). If it is grayed out, then I will perform some other action to display the next 300 records.

Is this possible? Can iMacros determine if a button is "available" or not?

I'm using iMacros 10.3 and PeopleSoft Accounts Payable 9.1 and Internet Explorer 11.

Thanks for the help.....
chivracq

Re: How to determine if a button is available

Post by chivracq » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:15 pm

shaves wrote:I'm working on macro (Excel VBA) that will loop through a series of vouchers in PeopleSoft Accounts Payable. After the macro "saves" the voucher, it will click on the "Next in List" button. This works fine.

The vendor has over 5,000 vouchers. In PeopleSoft AP, only 300 records can be displayed at a time.

What I want to do is validate the "Next in List" button to see if it is grayed out (and not available). If it is grayed out, then I will perform some other action to display the next 300 records.

Is this possible? Can iMacros determine if a button is "available" or not?

I'm using

Code: Select all

iMacros 10.3 and PeopleSoft Accounts Payable 9.1 and Internet Explorer 11.
Thanks for the help.....
Yep, just try to tag your Button with EXTRACT=TXT / ALT / HTM, depending on the Result of the Extract which will be different or '#EANF#' if not found you then decide what to do next. (And your . iim Macro and your VBA Script communicate with each other using '!EXTRACT' and 'iimGetExtract()'...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...