!WAITPAGECOMPLETE vs Wait Time

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
esullivan

!WAITPAGECOMPLETE vs Wait Time

Post by esullivan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:22 pm

I have a relatively slow loading set of pages that I am using to scrape data. Initially I had problems with the script getting ahead of itself and causing problems by advancing too quickly. I initially tried the Wait feature and that helped a lot. I later tried the !WAITPAGECOMPLETE command thinking that it would be a more efficient way of handling slow loading pages. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as well as putting in somewhat arbitrary Wait commands. I would still get some advancement to the next page when the first page wasn't complete yet. Am I missing something with the WAITPAGECOMPLETE command or am I better off using the Wait command?
chivracq

Re: !WAITPAGECOMPLETE vs Wait Time

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:36 pm

esullivan wrote:I have a relatively slow loading set of pages that I am using to scrape data. Initially I had problems with the script getting ahead of itself and causing problems by advancing too quickly. I initially tried the Wait feature and that helped a lot. I later tried the !WAITPAGECOMPLETE command thinking that it would be a more efficient way of handling slow loading pages. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as well as putting in somewhat arbitrary Wait commands. I would still get some advancement to the next page when the first page wasn't complete yet. Am I missing something with the WAITPAGECOMPLETE command or am I better off using the Wait command?
Duplicate:
- Best Practices - Wait Times
esullivan wrote:I have a relatively slow loading set of pages that I am using to scrape data. Initially I had problems with the script getting ahead of itself and causing problems by advancing too quickly. I initially tried the Wait feature and that helped a lot. I later tried the !WAITPAGECOMPLETE command thinking that it would be a more efficient way of handling slow loading pages. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as well as putting in somewhat arbitrary Wait commands. I would still get some advancement to the next page when the first page wasn't complete yet. Am I missing something with the WAITPAGECOMPLETE command or am I better off using the Wait command?
Opening a Duplicate Thread (1.5 years later...!) instead of following up on/bumping your original Thread is not the way to use the Forum "a bit correctly"...! :roll:
And you opened that Duplicate in the 'Consultants' Sub-Forum, which can be "Legit" if you are indeed looking for a Consultant, but that doesn't sound like that's the case from your OP which is simply an exact Copy&Paste from your original Thread..., and you don't mention any way to contact you... (PM is disabled on the Forum...)
=> Can you delete that "Duplicate" if it is indeed like I suspect just a "desperate" Duplicate opened in the wrong Sub-Forum...? (Or mention clearly that you are looking for a Consultant (for Fee) and a way to contact you...)
You can still delete any Post/Thread, as long as nobody posted after you, Reason I reply in this original Thread and not in the Duplicate...

:arrow: And maybe if you had mentioned your FCI (read my Sig...) in this current Thread (like you did correctly in all your other Threads where I posted some Reply), then I would have replied in this one as well..., and you would already have had your Answers 1.5 years ago, tja...! :roll:
=> CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...!)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: !WAITPAGECOMPLETE vs Wait Time

Post by chivracq » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:05 am

+ Reply I just posted in the Duplicate Thread...: [EDIT: Yep, got deleted by the Forum Admin...]
chivracq wrote:Hum..., I see you keep checking the Forum regularly and checking this Thread, but you are checking the "wrong" Thread as this current one is a Duplicate (that will be deleted) and I never reply in Duplicates as you cannot delete your Post/Thread otherwise anymore...

Original Thread (from 1.5 years ago...!) where I replied earlier...:
- Re: !WAITPAGECOMPLETE vs Wait Time
(No need to reply in this one (as it will (probably) be deleted...), follow up in the original Thread... :wink: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...