Scrapping articles via RSS

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
cheeda

Scrapping articles via RSS

Post by cheeda » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:55 am

I want to scrap a website (http://pkjobvacancy.com/). Everytime a new article is posted on this website I want to copy the text and image of that post, and send me via email on my email address. Please someone give me script for this..
Thank you
chivracq

Re: Scrapping articles via RSS

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:17 pm

cheeda wrote:I want to scrap a website (http://pkjobvacancy.com/). Everytime a new article is posted on this website I want to copy the text and image of that post, and send me via email on my email address. Please someone give me script for this..
Thank you
Yep, very good, you can use iMacros for that... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
cheeda

Post by cheeda » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:04 am

I am not a programmer, know nothing about code, can you please provide me with the code?
Hope it will be simple..
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:58 am

cheeda wrote:I am not a programmer, know nothing about code, can you please provide me with the code?
Hope it will be simple..
You don't need to be a Programmer to use iMacros and to do Click-Click-Click while recording your Actions... :roll:
I'm afraid nobody will be writing your Script for you, ah-ah...! The Community is here to help you if you really get stuck somewhere, but if you don't try anything at all yourself, your Thread sounds like a "Joke" on a Technical Forum...

Will be nice on your CV as well that you used iMacros as you seem to be looking for a Job from the name of your Site... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
cheeda

Post by cheeda » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:01 am

hahaha I will surely mention it in my CV :)

I will try recording the script but, can you tell me that how to make a check for new post? Because every new post will have a new URL..
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:10 am

cheeda wrote:hahaha I will surely mention it in my CV :)

I will try recording the script but, can you tell me that how to make a check for new post? Because every new post will have a new URL..
I don't know, I will have a look at your Site once you'll have posted your FCI (read my Sig...) and your Script to understand what you want to do...