How to scrap an website when you don't know the URL for that

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
arvendu

How to scrap an website when you don't know the URL for that

Post by arvendu » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:20 am

I have this website that I want retrieve information from. Unfortunately I can't show you because it is password protected.

The site is a list of tables that are dynamically created.
they design the link to activate a script. The first link is:
javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$GridView1$ctl02$LinkButton1','')

The second link is the same, but with the last variable changed ($ctl03')"). It goes from 0 to 30

so is there any possiblity to change url automatic each loop
chivracq

Re: How to scrap an website when you don't know the URL for

Post by chivracq » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:22 pm

arvendu wrote:I have this website that I want retrieve information from. Unfortunately I can't show you because it is password protected.

The site is a list of tables that are dynamically created.
they design the link to activate a script. The first link is:
javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$GridView1$ctl02$LinkButton1','')

The second link is the same, but with the last variable changed ($ctl03')"). It goes from 0 to 30

so is there any possiblity to change url automatic each loop
CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

But, yep, compute the "0" (or "00"...?) - "30" part of your URL using 'EVAL()' based on '!LOOP'... :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...