Half of extracted data goes into 1 cell the rest is seperate

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

Re: Half of extracted data goes into 1 cell the rest is sepe

Post by chivracq » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:48 pm

senor pengwin wrote:You're a genius!
but...
I tried the code and it doesn't appear that the loop is working. I only get "EYMKING - Control Cash Summary" in the first cell and nothing else. The excel appears immediately. What am I doing wrong?

The amount of time it takes wouldn't be an issue, I plan on running this macro on a schedule early in the morning.

Thanks again

EDIT: OK I think I just don't know how to use Imacros, I found the play loop button, does it actually need to replay the whole macro every time? Also do I need to manually tell it how many times to loop?
senor pengwin wrote:
chivracq wrote: But first, hum..., I saw on the previous Page, next to the 'Create Report' that you had a 'Save Report' Button, I didn't check it (yet) content-wise, but isn't it actually more or less what you want...?
Or doing a 'SAVEAS TYPE=HTML' or similar on the Page itself...?
Save report is just to save a "style" of report. If you click on .csv and hit run report it will download an excel file. The problem I have with this is that I don't know how to chose the file name and location, I don't want it to just get lost in the downloads folder.

Is there a way I can use IMacros to export the report but chose the file name and location?
senor pengwin wrote:Just wanted to update for future references. My solution to this was to export the report and use ONDOWNLOAD. Duh :roll:
Me, "genius"...?, boah...!! :shock:

But OK, yep, sorry, I didn't follow up directly after your last 2 Replies, WE's are always a bit busy for me (I'm a DJ IRL. oops...!), but yep, 'ONDOWNLOAD' is indeed the way to deal with a Download to "direct" the Location (and Name) for the Download... There are a few Threads on the Forum about "Difficulties" in some cases with '.xls' and '.pdf' Downloads, but I guess it works for you...
Thanks for sharing and for the Follow-up... :D
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
senor pengwin

Re: Half of extracted data goes into 1 cell the rest is sepe

Post by senor pengwin » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:06 am

chivracq wrote: But OK, yep, sorry, I didn't follow up directly after your last 2 Replies, WE's are always a bit busy for me (I'm a DJ IRL. oops...!), but yep, 'ONDOWNLOAD' is indeed the way to deal with a Download to "direct" the Location (and Name) for the Download... There are a few Threads on the Forum about "Difficulties" in some cases with '.xls' and '.pdf' Downloads, but I guess it works for you...
Thanks for sharing and for the Follow-up... :D
No worries, no better way to learn than to dig through old posts to figure things out. Your services on this forum are greatly appreciated.

I did run into some problems because I need to download reports from different websites and some are csv and some are xls. I encountered the typical issues discussed on the ONDOWNLOAD topic of the file not being "caught" and asking where to save the file. My solution was to use older versions of Firefox & Imacros. I used Firefox 49.0 and use IMacros for FireFox 8.9.7 with Windows 10 and it works perfect without changing any settings.