Dropdown list not triggered

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
CliffCo

Dropdown list not triggered

Post by CliffCo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:31 am

Hi All

I'm new to this so please excuse any obvious errors. I'm trying to do something quite basic - get to a train schedule web page, which shows the delays for various lines. I've made a basic script with the iMacros record. When running, it reaches the page, but will not populate the dropdown list to select the line captured during the iMacros record process. I included a 5 second wait to allow any AJAX or dynamic code to load. Here's the script to select the Central line:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://app.gometro.co.za/#/chooseline
WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LI ATTR=TXT:Central
The page uses the React javascript framework (which I'm not familiar with) and the line selection code looks as follows:

<div class="mdl-grid wrapper"><div class="mdl-cell mdl-cell--12-col"><!-- react-empty: 860 --><div class="main-heading">LINE UPDATES - CHOOSE A LINE</div><div id="choose-a-line" style="display: block;"><div class="mdl-selectfield"><div class="mdl-textfield mdl-js-textfield is-upgraded" data-upgraded=",MaterialTextfield"><input class="mdl-textfield__input" id="textfield-Selectaline" readonly="" value="" type="text"><label class="mdl-textfield__label" for="textfield-Selectaline">Select a line</label></div><i class="mdl-selectfield__arrow"></i></div></div></div></div>

So I'd like to ask the forum members is anyone has suggestions for resolving this?

Many thanks
Cliff
chivracq

Re: Dropdown list not triggered

Post by chivracq » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:10 pm

CliffCo wrote:Hi All

I'm new to this so please excuse any obvious errors. I'm trying to do something quite basic - get to a train schedule web page, which shows the delays for various lines. I've made a basic script with the iMacros record. When running, it reaches the page, but will not populate the dropdown list to select the line captured during the iMacros record process. I included a 5 second wait to allow any AJAX or dynamic code to load. Here's the script to select the Central line:

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://app.gometro.co.za/#/chooseline
WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LI ATTR=TXT:Central
The page uses the React javascript framework (which I'm not familiar with) and the line selection code looks as follows:

<div class="mdl-grid wrapper"><div class="mdl-cell mdl-cell--12-col"><!-- react-empty: 860 --><div class="main-heading">LINE UPDATES - CHOOSE A LINE</div><div id="choose-a-line" style="display: block;"><div class="mdl-selectfield"><div class="mdl-textfield mdl-js-textfield is-upgraded" data-upgraded=",MaterialTextfield"><input class="mdl-textfield__input" id="textfield-Selectaline" readonly="" value="" type="text"><label class="mdl-textfield__label" for="textfield-Selectaline">Select a line</label></div><i class="mdl-selectfield__arrow"></i></div></div></div></div>
So I'd like to ask the forum members is anyone has suggestions for resolving this?

Many thanks
Cliff
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
=> iMacros for FF v9.0.3, FF54/55...?, OS...?

Hum, I tried to have a look at your Site, but how do you reach this 'chooseline' Page...?
I get first "asked" to select one 'Region' out of 4 (Western/Easter Cape + 2 other ones with exotic names...?), then select the 'Plan a Trip' Option I guess...?, which doesn't even seem to load anything in my Default Browser (Pale Moon v26.3.3)... :?
I'll give it another try in Plain FF (FF v54.0.1) once you've posted all the Steps to reach your 'chooseline' Page...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...