Error -1300 when extracting data

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Patrick_S

Error -1300 when extracting data

Post by Patrick_S » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:58 pm

Hello-

I am trying to extract data from a webpage but am getting this error when I try to actually select the table for download.

This is the error that is returned:

Error -1300: Cannot find HTML element using specified Selector expression: #highcharts-f2n5udx-4>svg>g:nth-of-type(7)>path. Line 9: TAG SELECTOR="#highcharts-f2n5udx-4>svg>g:nth-of-type(7)>path"

Not sure what the issue is here. Here is the full script, for reference. I am getting the error on the "TAG SELECTOR" row.

VERSION BUILD=11.5.498.2403
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.2
URL GOTO=http://www.bonds.is/market-overview/?ty ... okid=75201
'
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT ATTR=ID:type CONTENT=%Yield
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON:SUBMIT ATTR=ID:btnDraw
TAG SELECTOR="#highcharts-f2n5udx-4>svg>g:nth-of-type(7)>path"
ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=d:\intdaily\iceland\bond FILE=Y0414.csv WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Download<SP>CSV
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT ATTR=ID:type CONTENT=%Price
TAG SELECTOR="#highcharts-f2n5udx-8>svg>g:nth-of-type(7)>rect"
ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=d:\intdaily\iceland\bond FILE=P0414.csv WAIT=YES
chivracq

Re: Error -1300 when extracting data

Post by chivracq » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Patrick_S wrote:Hello-

I am trying to extract data from a webpage but am getting this error when I try to actually select the table for download.

This is the error that is returned:

Code: Select all

Error -1300: Cannot find HTML element using specified Selector expression: #highcharts-f2n5udx-4>svg>g:nth-of-type(7)>path. Line 9: TAG SELECTOR="#highcharts-f2n5udx-4>svg>g:nth-of-type(7)>path"
Not sure what the issue is here. Here is the full script, for reference. I am getting the error on the "TAG SELECTOR" row.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=11.5.498.2403
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.2
URL GOTO=http://www.bonds.is/market-overview/?type=bond&orderbookid=75201
'
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT ATTR=ID:type CONTENT=%Yield
TAG SELECTOR="#highcharts-f2n5udx-4>svg>g:nth-of-type(7)>path"
ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=d:\intdaily\iceland\bond FILE=Y0414.csv WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT ATTR=ID:type CONTENT=%Price
TAG SELECTOR="#highcharts-f2n5udx-8>svg>g:nth-of-type(7)>rect"
ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=d:\intdaily\iceland\bond FILE=P0414.csv WAIT=YES
=> Using iMB v11.5.

Hum..., I cannot really reproduce your Pb and replay your Script as you are using some Statements with the 'TAG SELECTOR' Mode which is not supported on FF (using the Free Add-on v8.8.2 or v8.9.7) that I use myself, so I don't know what you are doing after clicking on the 'Draw' Button, but the "f2n5udx-4" and "f2n5udx-8" parts in the ID's of their respective HTML Elements that you are trying to click on look Dynamic to me...

Try to re-record your Actions without ID's, or using the "Standard" 'TAG POS' Mode + replacing that changing part with a Wildcard or using other Attribute(s) than the ID, maybe combined with Relative Positioning, or using the 'EVENT' Mode without ID's. :idea:
I've never used this 'TAG SELECTOR' Mode, so I don't know if it supports Wildcard, but you can try as well...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...