Problem with the A HREF tag

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Carlo

Problem with the A HREF tag

Post by Carlo » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:32 pm

Hi,
I'm testing your Internet Macros software because I need to authomatize our "press release", but I'm having trouble doing this:

I have an html page with some links, formatted in this way.

---

<a href="a.chk?Action=updateLight&id=1" class=titoloListaLight>Title1 <br>
</a>
<a href="a.chk?Action=updateLight&id=2" class=titoloListaLight>Title2 <br>
</a>
<a href="a.chk?Action=updateLight&id=3" class=titoloListaLight>Title3 <br>
</a>
<a href="a.chk?Action=updateLight&id=X" class=titoloListaLight>TitleX <br>
</a>
---

I need to authomatize the click on all these link and save the corresponding page on hard disk.

The Title and the id in the href tag are subject to change day by day in this html page, so I think I should use the "class=titoloListaLight" attribute and the POS command. I've tried in many ways but I can't get it to work, I get always errors.
Could you please suggest me the right syntax of the command to use?

Thanks in advance
Carlo.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:54 pm

The Title and the id in the href tag are subject to change day by day in this html page
The best method is to use the URL and replace the changing part (the id in your case) with "*". Then use POS=1, POS=2,... to select link by link. For more details I recommend http://www.iopus.com/iim/help/faq_session_id.htm