Problems with Tab opening and find the right atribute

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Problems with Tab opening and find the right atribute

by burundukai on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:58 pm

So, I'm kinda new to Imacros and have only basic knowledge. Long story short, from the exhibitor list i have, on the exhibition site, i need to extract info about 'em.

https://ces18.mapyourshow.com/7_0/search.cfm?srch-type=category&srch-query=108&srch-showresults=true&endrow=200 that's the list.

What i'm tring to do, is to make imacros open exhibitors page in a new tab, scrap the info i need, close it, and repeat with next inline
prim1.PNG
prim1
, but i can't find the way to do that, since href's or position arent specified.
But that is just a part of the problem. Once in that page, i could tell imacros what to copy BUT the email, which i kinda need the most since it's position isnt specified either.
prim2.PNG
prim2
prim3.PNG
prim3

Any suggestion would be a huge help.
burundukai

Re: Problems with Tab opening and find the right atribute

by chivracq on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:52 pm

burundukai wrote:So, I'm kinda new to Imacros and have only basic knowledge. Long story short, from the exhibitor list i have, on the exhibition site, i need to extract info about 'em.

https://ces18.mapyourshow.com/7_0/search.cfm?srch-type=category&srch-query=108&srch-showresults=true&endrow=200 that's the list.

What i'm tring to do, is to make imacros open exhibitors page in a new tab, scrap the info i need, close it, and repeat with next inline
prim1.PNG
, but i can't find the way to do that, since href's or position arent specified.
But that is just a part of the problem. Once in that page, i could tell imacros what to copy BUT the email, which i kinda need the most since it's position isnt specified either.
prim2.PNG
prim3.PNG

Any suggestion would be a huge help.

Yep..., looks "interesting", but CIM...! :mrgreen: for me to have a look, read my Sig...

Hum, and I'm normally not too keen to help harvesting E-mail Addresses, that you'll probably reuse to spam those "poor" People..., but OK, those are Companies, I guess they can handle your "Spam" if you "abuse" as they must have Full-Control on their Mail Server... :wink:
Last edited by chivracq on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by burundukai on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:30 am

chivracq wrote:Yep..., looks "interesting", but CIM...! :mrgreen: for me to have a look, read my Sig...

Hum, and I'm normally not to keen to help harvesting E-mail Addresses, that you'll probably reuse to spam those "poor" People..., but OK, those are Companies, I guess they can handle your "Spam" if you "abuse" as they must have Full-Control on their Mail Server... :wink:

You have a good for people like me, i see :lol: , now, for the CIM;i use Imacros 9.0.3, Mozilla 55.0.3 (32-bit) and WIn 10 home, 64bit
burundukai

by chivracq on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:10 pm

burundukai wrote:
chivracq wrote:Yep..., looks "interesting", but CIM...! :mrgreen: for me to have a look, read my Sig...

Hum, and I'm normally not to keen to help harvesting E-mail Addresses, that you'll probably reuse to spam those "poor" People..., but OK, those are Companies, I guess they can handle your "Spam" if you "abuse" as they must have Full-Control on their Mail Server... :wink:

You have a good for people like me, i see :lol: , now, for the CIM;i use
Code: Select all
Imacros 9.0.3, Mozilla 55.0.3 (32-bit) and  WIn 10 home, 64bit

OK for FCI..., iMacros for FF v8.9.7 is much more stable than v9.0.3 on FF v55.0.3 btw... :idea:

"You have a good for people like me, i see... :lol: "
=> Yeah, hum, don't push your luck, ah-ah... :twisted:

=> There is nothing "difficult" for opening each Line in a new Tab, each 'TYPE=A' Link has an 'EXTRACT=HREF' which is exactly the URL if you click on any Line for any Exhibitor on their 'A' or 'TD' Type Line...
You may need to loop through those Line 2 by 2 sometimes, the "featured" Exhibitors get 2 Lines actually, one visible and one not, but iMacros keeps counting, ah-ah...!
I would say, open and save them all one by one, you might get the Info about the "Featured" Exhibitors Double, I guess you'll clean your Data before sending your "wild" E-mails around...!
If you want to get the Data clean-clean directly, pfff, different ways..., I would go for checking for '!LOOP'+1 if same 'HREF' on the 'A', hum, no the other way around actually, check on '!LOOP'-1 if same Company_Name and 'HREF' then using 'EVAL()' save to your "real" '.CSV' or to some dummy one for the Double ones...
OK, that's the first part...

2nd part is extracting the E-mail(s) once the Page for an Exhibitor has been opened in the 2nd Tab...:
Hum, I thought first of using Relative Positioning on 'Company Contact(s)' with "*@*", but hum not even needed, RP on 'Company Contacts' for 'TYPE=LI' (x1-x5) does the job already, you get all Info for each Contact listed and if you want to only keep the E-mail Address, then you can isolate it with 'EVAL()'... Nothing difficult either...

No Script posted and no real mention of what you tried and where you really got stuck..., except some "vague" "OK"/"Not OK" on your Screenshots..., and that you couldn't find any 'HREF', which is not correct as I find it directly on my first Try... => Generic Advice from me..., I won't be writing your Script for you, ah-ah...! :shock:
But there is nothing really difficult at all..., if that helps you to "demystify" your Project, ah-ah...! :wink:

OK, good luck and post your Final Script or if you really get stuck somewhere..., but hum, "really stuck" = "really stuck"...!, I only help Users who really do their best to find a Solution by themselves... :wink:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by chivracq on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:17 am

A few more "Thoughts" on your Case/Project, which is actually an excellent Usecase for iMacros... :D

The part on the Tab_2 with Load Exhibitor Page + Extract Company/Contact Info and E-mail Address(es) will be the part that will take the most time for the Script to run because of each time a new Page/URL to load for each Exhibitor...
=> In terms of "Efficiency" and "Performance", I would split the "Project" into 2 separate Tasks:
1- First extract and save from the Main Page all Exhibitor Names + their corresponding 'HREF' URL, or maybe only their 'Exhibitor_ID' as the URL's actually reuse that 'Exhibitor_ID' and the whole URL can easily be reconstructed with it.
=> You would save that Data to 2 different '.CSV' Files with 'SAVEAS', one File with all the Data for each '!LOOP', which will then contain some Double Rows for the "Featured" Exhibitors (useful as some kind of "Log File" that you didn't miss any Row), and one "clean" File without the Doubles... Or you only generate one File and you can clean the Doubles manually from Excel...

2- Reusing the "clean" '.CSV' from Part_1 as a DataSource, you'll then be able to extract the Data from the previous "Tab_2" part for each Exhibitor, and you would be able to split that "big" Input File into several parts to have several Scripts running in parallel simultaneously in different FF Instances or FF Profiles for say [A-E] + [F-J] + [K-O] etc..., or you split the "big" File into several smaller Files of about the same Size and Nb of Rows...
chivracq

Return to Data Extraction and Web Screen Scraping