How to create and reference a text file

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.
Post Reply
Chrismeeky
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 pm

How to create and reference a text file

Post by Chrismeeky » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:08 pm

I am using Firefox on a 64 bit windows 10 OS.


My name is Christian. I am a newbie and just recently I installed the iMacro plugin.

I am trying to create a macro that does the following:
1. Copy a line of text from a Single colum CSV file
2.Go to blogger.com>>Create New Post
3. Paste the text in the "Title" box and click on publish.
4.Repeat steps 1-3 for the subsequent lines in the text file until the last line.

My problem.
The imacro I recorded cannot reference a text file

Here is the code:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=77852846747726687#editor/src=sidebar
URL GOTO=blogger.com/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:New<SP>post
wait seconds=10
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:postingForm ATTR=* CONTENT=Oga
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=NAME:postingForm ATTR=TXT:Publish
This is the path to the CSV file:C:\Users\la~tino\Documents\iMacros\Datasources\alumini.CSV

Thanks for your most anticipated solution
hoguz2
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:03 am
Location: TURKEY

Re: How to create and reference a text file

Post by hoguz2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:44 pm

hi chris

move your csv file this path :
C:\Users\Name\Documents\iMacros\Datasources


Code: Select all

SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}

SET !DATASOURCE   fine_name.csv  ' """"your csv file name  here"""""
SET !LOOP 1
URL GOTO=https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=77852846747726687#editor/src=sidebar
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=blogger.com/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:New<SP>post
wait seconds=10
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:postingForm ATTR=* CONTENT={{!COL1}}  '"""""for 1st cloumn"""""""
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=NAME:postingForm ATTR=TXT:Publish
you use play loop button

note i dont try any example for this site coz need login sory check your recored .iim code ..
Mozilla : 53.0.2
iMacros Version : iMacros for Firefox 9.0.3
Win 8.1 64 bit
Ms_Office 2010 .TR
Chrismeeky
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 pm

Re: How to create and reference a text file

Post by Chrismeeky » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:28 pm

I am very grateful. It worked!
One more thing...

I might have thousands of lines in the text but one blog can only take 150 posts a day. Is it possible to tweak the code so it can post 150 posts to 50 different blogs without repeating the posts if I have the URLS of the blogs in a text file?

Can someone help with that?

Thanks!
chivracq
Posts: 7976
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm
Location: Amsterdam (NL)

Re: How to create and reference a text file

Post by chivracq » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Chrismeeky wrote:I am using

Code: Select all

Firefox on a 64 bit windows 10 OS.
My name is Christian. I am a newbie and just recently I installed the iMacro plugin.

I am trying to create a macro that does the following:
1. Copy a line of text from a Single colum CSV file
2.Go to blogger.com>>Create New Post
3. Paste the text in the "Title" box and click on publish.
4.Repeat steps 1-3 for the subsequent lines in the text file until the last line.

My problem.
The imacro I recorded cannot reference a text file

Here is the code:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=77852846747726687#editor/src=sidebar
URL GOTO=blogger.com/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:New<SP>post
wait seconds=10
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:postingForm ATTR=* CONTENT=Oga
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=NAME:postingForm ATTR=TXT:Publish
This is the path to the CSV file:C:\Users\la~tino\Documents\iMacros\Datasources\alumini.CSV

Thanks for your most anticipated solution
hoguz2 wrote:hi chris

move your csv file this path :
C:\Users\Name\Documents\iMacros\Datasources

Code: Select all

SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}

SET !DATASOURCE   fine_name.csv  ' """"your csv file name  here"""""
SET !LOOP 1
URL GOTO=https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=77852846747726687#editor/src=sidebar
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=blogger.com/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:New<SP>post
wait seconds=10
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:postingForm ATTR=* CONTENT={{!COL1}}  '"""""for 1st cloumn"""""""
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=NAME:postingForm ATTR=TXT:Publish
you use play loop button

note i dont try any example for this site coz need login sory check your recored .iim code ..
Chrismeeky wrote:I am very grateful. It worked!
One more thing...

I might have thousands of lines in the text but one blog can only take 150 posts a day. Is it possible to tweak the code so it can post 150 posts to 50 different blogs without repeating the posts if I have the URLS of the blogs in a text file?

Can someone help with that?

Thanks!
Hum, my 2cts..., @hoguz2, nice of you to share your Script as we don't have many Code Samples of '.vbs' Scripts on the Forum, but be "careful" with helping this kind of Spammers as it only drives some kind of "Race" and "Cat and Mouse Game" that renders "Legit" Web-Automation more and more difficult as Web-Site Owners see themselves obliged to implement Measures to prevent that kind of Automation with Captcha etc..., because of those greedy and selfish Spammers who sicken Internet with fake Content/Likes/Follow/etc... and pure Spam in my Opinion... :roll:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
Chrismeeky
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 pm

Re: How to create and reference a text file

Post by Chrismeeky » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:45 pm

@Chivracq. Thanks for trying to be helpful. However, I do not concur with your definition of spam to mean all automated posts...Because scripts make spamming easy does not necessarily mean that every automated post should be labelled as spam.
Next time you try to be helpful, be sure you do it dispassionately.
chivracq
Posts: 7976
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm
Location: Amsterdam (NL)

Re: How to create and reference a text file

Post by chivracq » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:04 pm

Chrismeeky wrote:@Chivracq. Thanks for trying to be helpful. However, I do not concur with your definition of spam to mean all automated posts...Because scripts make spamming easy does not necessarily mean that every automated post should be labelled as spam.
Next time you try to be helpful, be sure you do it dispassionately.
Yeah well, 150 Posts (per day) on one Blog sounds like pure Spam to me, ... and is fake Content anyway..., ah-ah...! :roll:

If you want to test your luck, you can try doing the same on our Forum, gniarf-gniarf...! :twisted:
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
Chrismeeky
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 pm

Re: How to create and reference a text file

Post by Chrismeeky » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:12 pm

chivracq wrote:
Chrismeeky wrote:@Chivracq. Thanks for trying to be helpful. However, I do not concur with your definition of spam to mean all automated posts...Because scripts make spamming easy does not necessarily mean that every automated post should be labelled as spam.
Next time you try to be helpful, be sure you do it dispassionately.
Yeah well, 150 Posts (per day) on one Blog sounds like pure Spam to me, ... and is fake Content anyway..., ah-ah...! :roll:

If you want to test your luck, you can try doing the same on our Forum, gniarf-gniarf...! :twisted:
I bet you should let Google know what spamming "to you" means so they can reduce the number of posts one can make on a single blog to your preferred number.

How about that? I think you're being wiser than google :D

And please, leave the job of detecting a "fake" post to a more intelligent google bot
chivracq
Posts: 7976
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm
Location: Amsterdam (NL)

Re: How to create and reference a text file

Post by chivracq » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:19 pm

Chrismeeky wrote:I bet you should let Google know what spamming "to you" means so they can reduce the number of posts one can make on a single blog to your preferred number.

How about that? I think you're being wiser than google :D

And please, leave the job of detecting a "fake" post to a more intelligent google bot
Hum, I wanted to edit my previous Reply but you've already posted after me...

Your IP-Address btw is already blacklisted in 15 different Anti-Spam Databases, so I guess I'm not the only one with this kind of "Spam Definition"...
So don't push your luck I would say, or you won't be staying very long on our Forum... (I'm a Mod on this Forum if you haven't noticed...) :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
Chrismeeky
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:23 pm

Re: How to create and reference a text file

Post by Chrismeeky » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:55 pm

chivracq wrote:
Chrismeeky wrote:I bet you should let Google know what spamming "to you" means so they can reduce the number of posts one can make on a single blog to your preferred number.

How about that? I think you're being wiser than google :D

And please, leave the job of detecting a "fake" post to a more intelligent google bot
Hum, I wanted to edit my previous Reply but you've already posted after me...

Your IP-Address btw is already blacklisted in 15 different Anti-Spam Databases, so I guess I'm not the only one with this kind of "Spam Definition"...
So don't push your luck I would say, or you won't be staying very long on our Forum... (I'm a Mod on this Forum if you haven't noticed...) :idea:
Dear Chivracq, permit me to use this opportunity to congratulate you on your feat of being a mod! You're indeed a success!
Chivracq, my IP might be blacklisted but I'm not blacklisted even though I come from a black country. Lol.

I studied electrical engineering and graduated from one of the most reputable universities in the world and have acquired much un-blacklisted records. A spam bot won't detect that so I'm not surprised.

However, what makes a spam bot different from humans is that humans are flexible in their judgement.

Based on your assumption:
1. The script will be used daily and even if I use the sript on a monthly basis, I'm still a spammer
2. A team of 70 writers are spammers
3. Until they manually publish their combined accumulated posts, they are spammers
4. My IP is blacklisted, therefore, I am a spammer
5. By simply requesting for help in automation, I am a spammer
6. By stopping me from getting help, you're changing the world.
7. By banning me from the most exalted forum in the world, You have won the war on spam


An African adage says, "when one door shuts, another door will open"
Post Reply