Extract an URL

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Thais

Extract an URL

Post by Thais » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:20 pm

Hello,

First, sorry for my english, I a french girl :oops:

I am using iMacros and Javascript to grab information.
With some javascript actions, I got a list of URL which can be pdf, txt files or html page.
And I want to save these URL into a folder (as a pdf file for a pdf link, html file for a html link ....)
Do you know how it is possible ? with iMacros ? with javascript ?

Thanks by advance for your help

Thais
Mac Os : 10.13.3 (17D102)
Firefox : 48.0.2
iMacros for Firefox : 8.9.7
chivracq

Re: Extract an URL

Post by chivracq » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:41 pm

Thais wrote:Hello,

First, sorry for my english, I a french girl :oops:

I am using iMacros and Javascript to grab information.
With some javascript actions, I got a list of URL which can be pdf, txt files or html page.
And I want to save these URL into a folder (as a pdf file for a pdf link, html file for a html link ....)
Do you know how it is possible ? with iMacros ? with javascript ?

Thanks by advance for your help

Thais

Code: Select all

Mac Os : 10.6.8
Firefox : 46.0.1
iMacros for Firefox : 8.9.6
Can you confirm your FCI first for me to answer your Thread...? (as having it mentioned in your Sig is mostly only "confusing")...
v8.9.6 for FF is not a "very standard" Version to use btw... If you are really still at v8.9.6, you can better update to v8.9.7 (still works on FF v55.0.3 (my FCI) and until FF56 as well). And v8.9.6 was not working properly on FF46 anyway, so your FCI is really "strange" indeed... :?

And I've probably already told you that your FCI in your Sig is not the best place as I only creates "Confusion'' between your "Current" Thread and your previous Threads from several weeks/months/years ago..., and you still need to hard-code it in your OP when you open a new Thread...

Your Pb Description is indeed not very-very completely clear ("With some javascript actions" is completely vague anyway...) but I think/hope I understood anyway what you want and I might have some Solution or at least "Thing(s)" for you to try... Would be clearer anyway if you had posted your Script with some concrete Example(s) and what you've tried... And no Script posted, you only get some "generic" Answer/Advice from me anyway...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Thais

Post by Thais » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:00 am

Hello Chivracq,

Sorry for my mistacke, I have forgot to update my SIG, it is done now.
Here the informations :

Thanks for your help

Thais
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:33 pm

Thais wrote:Hello Chivracq,

Sorry for my mistacke, I have forgot to update my SIG, it is done now.
Here the informations :

Code: Select all

Thanks for your help

Thais
Ah...!, OK, that's more "Standard" indeed than the FCI you had mentioned in your Sig... Good-good...
(And that's why I mentioned that having your FCI in your Sig can be a bit "confusing" as you only have one dynamic Sig for all your Threads and it only reflects your current FCI...)

OK, still no Script posted then I can't have a look at your Site to see how these Links "behave" but my first "Idea" if I understood your Scenario correctly would be to use 'CONTENT=EVENT:SAVETARGETAS' on the 'TAG' Statement for each Link. :idea:
=> + Combined with 'ONDOWNLOAD' to control the Name and Location of each Download.
+ Allow for enough Time (using 'WAIT' Statements) for the Downloads to start (and to finish), a 2Mb '.PDF' will take much longer to download than a 3Kb '.TXT' File...!, especially if you are going to loop your Script and the Download part takes place at the end of the '.iim' Script or your Browser will quickly get "clogged" with "too many" parallel Downloads...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...