Possible to clean extracted text before saving it to .csv?

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Sander

Possible to clean extracted text before saving it to .csv?

Post by Sander » Sat May 19, 2018 11:08 pm

Looking for a way to clean extracted text from spaces and line feeds..

Any tips and trick? Thanks!
chivracq

Re: Possible to clean extracted text before saving it to .cs

Post by chivracq » Sat May 19, 2018 11:21 pm

Sander wrote:Looking for a way to clean extracted text from spaces and line feeds..

Any tips and trick? Thanks!
CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

But to answer your Qt... => Yep of course, using 'EVAL()' and all the "Standard" JavaScript Commands for String Manipulation..., which will probably be 'replace()' in your case..., + maybe 'trim()' as well depending on your FCI as I think that 'trim()' only works on FF...

Tips:
- Read the Forum Rules when you join a (Technical) Forum... (for Required Tech Info to include in your Post...)
- Search the Forum for Examples, there are probably more than 100 Code Examples with 'replace()'...
Your Thread Title is actually perfect and contains all the Keywords you could/should have used to search the Forum and you would have found dozens of similar Threads about exactly what you want... :idea:

Tricks:
- Well I have already mentioned 'trim()'...
- And I might have a few other "Tricks" once you'll have mentioned your FCI and tried to find a Solution a bit by yourself already...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...